Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-17-2014, 09:54 AM   #41
KrPlud

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Nope. Wouldn't matter.

Old 07-17-2014, 09:55 AM   #42
YeahNo

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jew Jif Shoes View Post
How is MW weak? You have no idea what you're talking about if you think the current MW division is anything close to weak. Weidman, Machida, Jacare, Silva, Rockhold, Belfort are all former champs. Then there's Kennedy, Bisping, Romero, Mousasi etc sitting on the outside of the top 5/6 guys and any of them could contend with a decent streak. All of those are good names, MW is better than ever.
How many of these guys has Silva beat? Please, remind me.

Quote:
Stupid posts. Silva has often stated that he is no more than 200 pounds come fight night and about a week out from the fight, he has an 11 pound cut, which is nothing. He was bigger than a handful of his opponents at most.
http://www.mmaweekly.com/dana-white-...rth-dying-over
Well, AS said it so it must be true. Why don't you try comparing him against his opponents in the cage at fight time. Holy smokes!!! He does look a lot bigger!!! Shocking!!!!

Quote:
And I won't even begin to state why the first post was wrong. If you think a champ who defended his belt 10 times fought only B and C level fighters, then you clearly need to watch more MMA. inb4 Leities or Cote. How bout you try and justify Hendo as a B or C level opponent? Or Franklin? Okami? Belfort?
You certainly didn't begin to state why the first post was wrong. I'll give you an aging Hendo and maybe an aging Belfort. Franklin? Okami? Please. Holding up other guys who also did well in a weak division, but couldn't cut it against the tougher competition in the other weight classes isn't going to help you.

Old 07-17-2014, 09:56 AM   #43
YeahNo

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat597 View Post
Yes but getting beat to a certain point in the fight doesn't mean you he was going to lose the fight. The fact is he lost both fights though. I'd still like to see a third fight between them.
Point of fact: AS was getting beat to a certain point in both fights. Then he got beat worse and lost.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:00 AM   #44
synyster

Brown Belt

the UFC is pretty good at paving the way for fighters they like, so who he beats obviously matters but assuming he takes the belt from chris that would be pretty impressive

Old 07-17-2014, 10:01 AM   #45
Ulti1

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcfreshour View Post
Great troll attempt but wasn't Fedor ruling the world with an iron fist while Anderson was losing to Daiju Takase and Ryo Chonan. AS also only has Hendo, Franklin, Okami and Belfort as good wins, don't act like he's GOAT
Sorry to burst your bubble but a HW will never be goat. They cant jump around weightclasses.

Ulti1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:03 AM   #46
ZFury

Green Belt

Anyone seen Spongs recent fight? Not only would he kick with the leg he broke in half, he did so, it seemed, with even less fear than before. Like he knows hes got a metal rod and it likely wont break. Good luck to anyone fighting Anderson Silva if his is as good. Which I wouldn't doubt.

Anderson Silva
Fedor Emilianenko
Lyoto Machida
Jose Aldo
Big Nog
ZFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:11 AM   #47
Tcfreshour

White Belt

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulti1 View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble but a HW will never be goat. They cant jump around weightclasses.
Lol. Good point, here I thought a natural LHW ruling HW division was the closest thing we'd ever have to it. And LHW Wand didn't want any anyways.

ww-GSP,Lombard,Condit,Lawler
lw-Benson,Gil,Cerrone,Russians
fw-KZ,Mcgregoat
flw-Johnson, Dodson
*TeamAlphaMidget*
GOAT FEDOR
Tcfreshour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:22 AM   #48
Ulti1

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcfreshour View Post
Lol. Good point, here I thought a natural LHW ruling HW division was the closest thing we'd ever have to it. And LHW Wand didn't want any anyways.
Fedor didnt last long enough into his 30's or go to the more dominate promotion. One of greatest but not goat. He needed like 3 solid good more years. He fadded fast though

You have to continue beating dat ass in your mid 30's to late 30's if you want that goat title. Especially with all the great fighters there have been. Jones is the exception hes youngest champ and has a real chance at greatness he doesnt have to go into his mid 30's for the goat title

Last edited by Ulti1; 07-17-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Ulti1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:36 PM   #49
Sentex

White Belt

Once upon a time.. Anderson Silva was regarded as a War God...
It hurts to see how people doubt the true GOAT =(

Sentex is offline   Reply With Quote