Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 03-01-2014, 06:02 PM   #61
Aas Gutú Adéli

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrDawg View Post
Just curious how many out there are starting to lose interest now that some of the cards are on Fight Pass. Even when it was on free trial I had zero interest in watching on my computer than my big screen tv. I never missed a fight, be it ppv or tv fights.
All this has done for me personally is distance myself and not care about upcoming fights as much and disconnect with the UFC. My point is even though many fight pass cards aren't great, at least it kept my interest to watch it and see some of the up and comers and get to know them and w fight pass I'll have no clue or connect to any of these guys. It's not the fact that fight pass costs money as that's not the problem I just don't wanna watch fights unless I'm there live or in front of a big HD TV.
I watch fight pass on my HD TV and it looks really good

Old 03-01-2014, 06:37 PM   #62
king of theRing

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrDawg View Post
Just curious how many out there are starting to lose interest now that some of the cards are on Fight Pass. Even when it was on free trial I had zero interest in watching on my computer than my big screen tv. I never missed a fight, be it ppv or tv fights.
All this has done for me personally is distance myself and not care about upcoming fights as much and disconnect with the UFC. My point is even though many fight pass cards aren't great, at least it kept my interest to watch it and see some of the up and comers and get to know them and w fight pass I'll have no clue or connect to any of these guys. It's not the fact that fight pass costs money as that's not the problem I just don't wanna watch fights unless I'm there live or in front of a big HD TV.

that's why you hook your phone it cpu to your tv wise guy.

king of theRing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:03 PM   #63
Tactitus

Brown Belt

Didn't get it and never will.

Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:12 PM   #64
nixkid

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesAbove View Post
But you're just going to lose interest in fights you wouldn't have watched anyway. They're saying if you are interested to see some lower-level fights, plus other content that is for real fight-nerds, you can pay $10.

It's no different than if these guys were on the lower-tier leagues and you paid $10-20 for their PPV. The only real difference is that you're giving $10 to the UFC and not a third-party company.
I would have watched the card if it was on FS2. I might not have known all of the fighters but thats how we as MMA fans learn about new fighters. Thats why the free TV model just works. It introduces fans to new fighters and helps build hype around them so that the UFC can eventually promote them on $60 PPV cards.

Also, not all of the fighters on these cards are relative unknowns. Saffiedine, Kawajiri, Max Holloway, DHK, John Hathaway, Hioki, Menjivar, Mitrione, Shawn Jordan, etc. Gus, Manuwa, Michael Johnson, Melvin Guillard and Gunnar Nelson are on the next Fight Pass card. I mean come on, these aren't unknowns that only the super-hardcore types that order obscure Asian MMA PPVs want to see fight.

nixkid is offline   Reply With Quote