Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 12-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #71
runnpray
This man is a RunFu f!ghter!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkin View Post
Like they did to Rousimar Palhares?

Theoretically if Ronda cranks the arm after a tap, she should get cut right? seeing as Ronda has finished all her fights via arm bar and theres a lot of bad blood between these two I think its a relevant discussion.

snap, crackle, pop. no cut.

runnpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #72
SaraJM
Nope

vCash: 450
When has Ronda ever held a sub after a tap? Never. She'll ease up as soon or I guess if Tate taps. You guys think that Tate would admit like Bendo did that she tapped? No. You hold until the ref stops the fight, if he doesn't see that tap there's no reason for him to call the fight. As soon as Tate or any of her opponents tap Ronda looks right at the ref, waiting for his signal to let go. Then she does. The ref in the first fight should have stopped the fight like Herb Dean did when Frank Mir snapped Tim Sylvia's arm. It's not Ronda's fault that red didn't care about a fighters safety.

SaraJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #73

Green Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry View Post
Well Ronda doesn't have any previous egregious offenses, so no.

But I get what you're saying. Rousey is a golden child she can theoretically get away with anything.
It really depends on how egregious the theroretical break is. Something bad could easily get the attention of ESPN and cause the UFC huge problems. It wasnt that long ago MMA almost was banned.

7437 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #74
DeathIsHere

Green Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkin View Post
sorry i dont spend every waking moment surfing this forum like you, i actually havent seen this topic posted before
I don't spend every waking moment on this forum either and I've still seen this exact topic way too many times. To the point where when I saw the topic title I thought it was a bump of a topic from like a month ago that had an almost identical topic title.

Maybe it's just the fact that this is so utterly stupid that seeing it so many times annoys me more than a different topic would. You have to think about more than their hatred for each other before you go theorizing that she'll hold an armbar after the ref breaks it up. People are still just trying to criminalize the UFC's cut of Palhares, who had a history of doing this exact thing and was almost shunned from not just the UFC but all major MMA organizations (until WSOF flipped their stance on him) because of that fact.

To answer your question though, despite how stupid the idea that she'd actually do it is, it would completely depend on her post fight explanation. If she apologized and said she didn't feel the ref breaking it up or was "in the heat of the moment" or something stupid like that she'd probably get a suspension (which is what Palhares got for his first time doing it in the UFC). Fair enough, but it's stupid on her part and would make her look really bad. If she went the Babalu route and said she did it on purpose, yes they would absolutely cut her. Champion or not, Ronda Rousey or not, that's the worst kind of publicity the UFC could get and they wouldn't risk it for anybody. They cut Babalu within a week for it so they'd certainly cut anybody else. It's just not something they can allow to go unpunished.