Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion > The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion

The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion Discuss The Ultimate Fighter reality show and Spike-related topics here.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:17 PM   #121
DizzyYeahYeah

Brown Belt

vCash: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyantist View Post
It's shocking how common casual racism is over there and the non whites over there who have lived there dont even bat an eyelid.

I think one group have even reclaimed the word "wog" and it's now as common as "ozzie" in terms of being referenced and unoffensive.
Yep. But the people who ignore it are in the minority in the situation. I've seen Indian guys in a group tell some racist white guys to stfu and I've also seen one or two Indian guys ignore a group of racists.

I know wog is a racist word in Europe but don't know why. But pretty much everybody says it.

Woodley WW champ 2014.

Machida MW champ 2014.
DizzyYeahYeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:08 AM   #122
rockafella40

Yellow Belt

vCash: 500
Kajan is a douchebag as far as I'm concerned, hope he never makes it anywhere.

rockafella40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:34 AM   #123
Cyantist

Black Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyYeahYeah View Post
Yep. But the people who ignore it are in the minority in the situation. I've seen Indian guys in a group tell some racist white guys to stfu and I've also seen one or two Indian guys ignore a group of racists.

I know wog is a racist word in Europe but don't know why. But pretty much everybody says it.
wog comes from the word "gollywog".

They're small toys from the early 1900's that are basically black face and huge red lips.

Cyantist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:38 AM   #124
MrHoost**
Banned

vCash: 345
Kajin is a dipshit, killed a kids career for a joke they made on the internet at age 17.

MrHoost** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:05 AM   #125
DizzyYeahYeah

Brown Belt

vCash: 679
Quote:
wog comes from the word "gollywog".

They're small toys from the early 1900's that are basically black face and huge red lips.
Those dolls are still made and sold in Australia, srs.

Woodley WW champ 2014.

Machida MW champ 2014.
DizzyYeahYeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:12 AM   #126
Scuba

Green Belt

well said kajan

Scuba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:35 PM   #127
tjnickels

Yellow Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGenius View Post
Still amazed at the lengths people are going to in order to excuse Tyler.

In reality I'm not surprised
Most people that I have seen have said that it was wrong for Tyler to do what he did. I don't see many people going out of their way to say it wasn't wrong or insensitive. I think most people are mad that they terminated his contract for a racist photo when 17, but keep Mitrione after his comments about Fallon Fox, Rashad after his comments directed at Phil Davis about Penn State, resign Torres after his rape joke, etc. I am not saying they should or shouldn't sign him either. What he posted was racist, very serious, and shouldn't be overlooked; but anyone who says at 17 they never did anything wrong, disrespectful, had their head screwed on completely right, thought what they did/said would ruin a potential career, or at least messed up a little is a liar or god. I think that's why people are so quick to defend.

tjnickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:05 AM   #128
MacPherson911

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjnickels View Post
Most people that I have seen have said that it was wrong for Tyler to do what he did. I don't see many people going out of their way to say it wasn't wrong or insensitive. I think most people are mad that they terminated his contract for a racist photo when 17, but keep Mitrione after his comments about Fallon Fox, Rashad after his comments directed at Phil Davis about Penn State, resign Torres after his rape joke, etc. I am not saying they should or shouldn't sign him either. What he posted was racist, very serious, and shouldn't be overlooked; but anyone who says at 17 they never did anything wrong, disrespectful, had their head screwed on completely right, thought what they did/said would ruin a potential career, or at least messed up a little is a liar or god. I think that's why people are so quick to defend.
I think in reality this had little to do with punishing the kid for what he did and more to do with the UFC protecting its brand. They made a business decision that dealing with the bullshit that would come along with this just wasn't worth it--exactly as they did when they cut Chope last week--if a PPV draw did something similar they may be a little more lenient. It's not a double standard it's a business decision.

Old 04-01-2014, 05:31 AM   #129
doit1time

Orange Belt

Quote:
And you finally see why a bunch of people don't like Kajan [if the guy in the other thread calling him a stand up guy or s/t to that effect was you]

It's shocking how common casual racism is over there and the non whites over there who have lived there dont even bat an eyelid.

I think one group have even reclaimed the word "wog" and it's now as common as "ozzie" in terms of being referenced and unoffensive.
Don't get me wrong I like the US but really you guys should be concerned with real issues you guys have like shootings and wars. People calling someone a racist name hardly compares to that and no Wog is not at all a terribly offensive word it's the same as Yank or Pom. People here refer to there good friend as c**t as well no worries at all. Just because things are a certain way in the US doesn't mean it's the right way and everyone has to follow suit.

doit1time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:59 AM   #130
espnLIES

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGenius View Post
Still amazed at the lengths people are going to in order to excuse Tyler.

In reality I'm not surprised
You are amazed but not surprised? Get over it, PC police.

espnLIES is offline   Reply With Quote