Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion > The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion

The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion Discuss The Ultimate Fighter reality show and Spike-related topics here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2014, 07:17 PM   #121
DizzyYeahYeah

Brown Belt
 
DizzyYeahYeah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Perth
Posts: 2,908
vCash: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyantist View Post
It's shocking how common casual racism is over there and the non whites over there who have lived there dont even bat an eyelid.

I think one group have even reclaimed the word "wog" and it's now as common as "ozzie" in terms of being referenced and unoffensive.
Yep. But the people who ignore it are in the minority in the situation. I've seen Indian guys in a group tell some racist white guys to stfu and I've also seen one or two Indian guys ignore a group of racists.

I know wog is a racist word in Europe but don't know why. But pretty much everybody says it.

__________________
Torres SW Champ 2014.

Woodley WW champ 2014.

Machida MW champ 2014.
DizzyYeahYeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:08 AM   #122
rockafella40

Yellow Belt
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 175
vCash: 500
Kajan is a douchebag as far as I'm concerned, hope he never makes it anywhere.

rockafella40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:34 AM   #123
Cyantist

Black Belt
 
Cyantist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bellator Retirement Home - Newport Beach, CA.
Posts: 5,132
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyYeahYeah View Post
Yep. But the people who ignore it are in the minority in the situation. I've seen Indian guys in a group tell some racist white guys to stfu and I've also seen one or two Indian guys ignore a group of racists.

I know wog is a racist word in Europe but don't know why. But pretty much everybody says it.
wog comes from the word "gollywog".

They're small toys from the early 1900's that are basically black face and huge red lips.

__________________
First and Honorary member of the "Supernova from Moldova" Marina Shafir WARSpaceship
Ruthless Robbie and Vicious Bobby, the new new midnight express
TEAM BJ - Bring Back RakodaJay
Cyantist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:38 AM   #124
MrHoost**
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 780
vCash: 345
Kajin is a dipshit, killed a kids career for a joke they made on the internet at age 17.

MrHoost** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:05 AM   #125
DizzyYeahYeah

Brown Belt
 
DizzyYeahYeah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Perth
Posts: 2,908
vCash: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyantist View Post
wog comes from the word "gollywog".

They're small toys from the early 1900's that are basically black face and huge red lips.
Those dolls are still made and sold in Australia, srs.

__________________
Torres SW Champ 2014.

Woodley WW champ 2014.

Machida MW champ 2014.
DizzyYeahYeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:12 AM   #126
Scuba

Green Belt
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,047
vCash: 500
well said kajan

Scuba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:35 PM   #127
tjnickels

Yellow Belt
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Butte,MT
Posts: 219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGenius View Post
Still amazed at the lengths people are going to in order to excuse Tyler.

In reality I'm not surprised
Most people that I have seen have said that it was wrong for Tyler to do what he did. I don't see many people going out of their way to say it wasn't wrong or insensitive. I think most people are mad that they terminated his contract for a racist photo when 17, but keep Mitrione after his comments about Fallon Fox, Rashad after his comments directed at Phil Davis about Penn State, resign Torres after his rape joke, etc. I am not saying they should or shouldn't sign him either. What he posted was racist, very serious, and shouldn't be overlooked; but anyone who says at 17 they never did anything wrong, disrespectful, had their head screwed on completely right, thought what they did/said would ruin a potential career, or at least messed up a little is a liar or god. I think that's why people are so quick to defend.

tjnickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:05 AM   #128
MacPherson911

White Belt
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Seattle til I die
Posts: 67
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjnickels View Post
Most people that I have seen have said that it was wrong for Tyler to do what he did. I don't see many people going out of their way to say it wasn't wrong or insensitive. I think most people are mad that they terminated his contract for a racist photo when 17, but keep Mitrione after his comments about Fallon Fox, Rashad after his comments directed at Phil Davis about Penn State, resign Torres after his rape joke, etc. I am not saying they should or shouldn't sign him either. What he posted was racist, very serious, and shouldn't be overlooked; but anyone who says at 17 they never did anything wrong, disrespectful, had their head screwed on completely right, thought what they did/said would ruin a potential career, or at least messed up a little is a liar or god. I think that's why people are so quick to defend.
I think in reality this had little to do with punishing the kid for what he did and more to do with the UFC protecting its brand. They made a business decision that dealing with the bullshit that would come along with this just wasn't worth it--exactly as they did when they cut Chope last week--if a PPV draw did something similar they may be a little more lenient. It's not a double standard it's a business decision.

__________________
Drunk and exhausted, critically acclaimed and respected.
MacPherson911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:31 AM   #129
doit1time

Orange Belt
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyantist View Post
And you finally see why a bunch of people don't like Kajan [if the guy in the other thread calling him a stand up guy or s/t to that effect was you]



It's shocking how common casual racism is over there and the non whites over there who have lived there dont even bat an eyelid.

I think one group have even reclaimed the word "wog" and it's now as common as "ozzie" in terms of being referenced and unoffensive.
Don't get me wrong I like the US but really you guys should be concerned with real issues you guys have like shootings and wars. People calling someone a racist name hardly compares to that and no Wog is not at all a terribly offensive word it's the same as Yank or Pom. People here refer to there good friend as c**t as well no worries at all. Just because things are a certain way in the US doesn't mean it's the right way and everyone has to follow suit.

doit1time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:59 AM   #130
espnLIES

White Belt
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGenius View Post
Still amazed at the lengths people are going to in order to excuse Tyler.

In reality I'm not surprised
You are amazed but not surprised? Get over it, PC police.

espnLIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Latest Threads



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 AM.

Sherdog.com Forum Rules Clear Cookies Social Groups Lost Password
Contact Us - Sherdog Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices

Skin made by Alex. © iStyles.uni.cc Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
forums.sherdog.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.
monitoring_string = "fd5733925866a04e50edd70f38dfaa35"
monitoring_string = "603ac9fff68f23709f2a42bf5e29272b"