Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:19 AM   #21
KGracey

Orange Belt

vCash: 535
No thanks, rather see andy fight new people.

KGracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:23 AM   #22
marcusnz80

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
Razor thin split losses to evans and machida and then gets ko'd by arguably the most "in form" fighter in the world right now. No, I think Dan is doing just fine and unless he feels old and sluggish at training, he's still top 10 in both lhw and mw

marcusnz80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:43 AM   #23
VAfan

Black Belt

dear lord, no son. anderson had a ridiculous speed advantage the 1st time around and 40+ yr old hendo is literally the slowest fighter in the division now. that would be a freak show fight at this point.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:44 AM   #24
Presinator
If Arnold were President, he would be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusnz80 View Post
Razor thin split losses to evans and machida and then gets ko'd by arguably the most "in form" fighter in the world right now. No, I think Dan is doing just fine and unless he feels old and sluggish at training, he's still top 10 in both lhw and mw
They were close fights, but Evans was taking over the fight as it ended, and Hendo had almost no effective offence against Machida. Sure, Hendo can keep fighting and there are obviously guys he can beat, but it's all a matter of what he's still trying to achieve. If he just wants to make some more money, good for him. If he's still trying to make a title run, I think those days are past.

Presinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:52 AM   #25
Nameless Ghoul

Green Belt

vCash: 50
Wow is this "Let's try to kill Hendo"? The guy isn't exactly in the prime of his career and his last 6 fights are Fedor,Shogun,Machida,Rashad,Vitor,Shogun . That is a pretty insane schedule for anyone at any time in their career and now we want him to fight Anderson after that? Let the old guy have a "gimme" for once on the way out the door.

Nameless Ghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:17 PM   #26
DickNiaz1
Banned

I like it. Both are at the end of their careers and this is a rematch I've always wanted to see as a fan. I think it should be at 205 and Anderson should finish his career there with fights against guys like Shogun, Rashad and maybe a Vitor rematch at 205. Anderson would still be the bigger fighter in all those fights.

DickNiaz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:19 PM   #27
DickNiaz1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless Ghoul View Post
Wow is this "Let's try to kill Hendo"? The guy isn't exactly in the prime of his career and his last 6 fights are Fedor,Shogun,Machida,Rashad,Vitor,Shogun . That is a pretty insane schedule for anyone at any time in their career and now we want him to fight Anderson after that? Let the old guy have a "gimme" for once on the way out the door.
I'd agree if he loses to Shogun. If he wins bring on a bigger fight, right?

DickNiaz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #28
TheBenjamins21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mma Adiction View Post
No, hendo should retire and nothing else, i belive he's like chuck lidell now, the more he fights the more he'll be koed
Such ignorance, the man has only been KO'd once by a man who is now fighting for a title. Silly comparison. Chuck was KO'd by Rich Franklin, if anyone should retire because of multiple KO losses to gatekeepers it should be Chael.

TheBenjamins21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:48 PM   #29
bjjwar

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenjamins21 View Post
The timing couldn't be better. This rematch has been talked about many times over the past few years and Anderson and Hendo both need a big fight before they retire. This would certainly be a juicy matchup for the fighters and the fans. Hendo is going nowhere in either division and he has been itching for this fight for years, let's make it happen.

Oh, and Anderson wins by submission again.
Anderson is almost 40.he shouldn't waste his time with someone irrelevant that he'd beat 10/10 times in his sleep.He should get a high ranked guy and if he finishes impressively he should fight Weidman before facing the MW champ.

bjjwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:51 PM   #30
DaddyDimeBags

Purple Belt

No it's not. Henderson is
on the downside of his career and if Silva does come back it will be for two fights max. It will either be a super fight, or defeating a 185 contender to get back to fighting Weidman.

DaddyDimeBags is offline   Reply With Quote