Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-03-2014, 12:43 AM   #51
SherdogFan23

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearSolidMetal View Post
No. He hasn't.

He's stuffed every TD that's been attempted on him.

The problem with the whole statistic is that almost all of DC's data is for HW. He hasn't fought against any major opponents in LHW yet. Dan Henderson certainly wasn't going to give it a test when he doesn't have a high TD Acc. and couldn't even make it to 205 lbs. And Cummings arrived just in time from the coffee shop to not be prepared very well.

SherdogFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:01 AM   #52
OriginMMA

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg171 View Post
Not being able to be taken down in a wrestling match is extremely difficult.

Matt Brown
Khabib Nurmagomedov
Daniel Cormier
Conor McGregor
Cain Velasquez
Donald Cerrone
Dennis Bermudez
OriginMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:35 AM   #53
Ajax3006

Brown Belt

I actually believe Tony Johnson got him down in their King of the Cage fight before getting choked out, but I could be wrong. I do recall him having the top position for a minute.

Henderson
Ajax3006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:44 AM   #54
markg171

Red Belt

vCash: 1215
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginMMA View Post
Not being able to be taken down in a wrestling match is extremely difficult.
Not really. It's just about learning how to time sprawls/learn which situations put you at risk to be taken down.

A lot of guys win matches based on points achieved in scrambles or somehow ending up on top with reversals. Not with their TDs. Chael mentioned this before on why some NCAA champs in MMA like Munoz are terrible MMA wrestlers as they didn't win their championships through their TDs. Personally I can probably list with 1 hand the amount of times I've been taken down in the last 4 years in tournaments and competitions, yet I've never placed higher than 3rd. You just simply can lose matches other than being taken down yourself.

By what right does the wolf judge the lion?
markg171 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:49 AM   #55
bushidoman

Brown Belt

Nope

Old 08-03-2014, 01:57 AM   #56
xP

Black Belt

vCash: 1201
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigconan View Post
I'm not saying Jones is going to do this but, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes out and tries to out wrestle dc. Just like he did to sonnen. Who has dc out wrestled; a slow as hell Barnett? Henderson, who's been out wrestled by Shields and rampage jackson.
DC could literally throw Sonnen out of the cage with some pro wrestling shit in the first minute of the fight.

Old 08-03-2014, 02:05 AM   #57
Pakman

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigconan View Post
Mir is strong as hell?? Since when? Maybe I'm thinking of a different Frank Mir. The mir i'm thinking of, was brutally ko'd by Barnett in one round. Destroyed by shane carwin.

The point is, it's easy to out wrestle "everyone he's faced" when you haven't face one good wrestler yet. Henderson, is arguably the best wrestler that dc has face, yet henderson mma wrestling sucks. Henderson was out wrestled by jake shields. Out wrestled by rampage jackson. yes, rampage freaken jackson. Maybe you forgot about that match.

The difference is, Jones is a dominant mma wrestler who has destroyed real wrestlers. Bader, Sonnen, guys that win by their wrestling.
love when idiots make this argument about Hendo. You do realize that Rampage had pretty awesome wrestling once upon a time right? Also, Jake Shields has pretty much grapple-raped every person he's beat in his career right. Getting out grappled by a high level grappler like Shields isn't and should not be a knock on anyone.

And what does Mir being KO'd by other BIG hw's have anything to do with how strong he is? Isn't there a video floating around of Mir being able to get the best of JBJ? The same Mir that DC was controlling? The same DC that's going to fight JBJ soon?

Old 08-03-2014, 02:09 AM   #58
Pakman

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayElectra View Post
... I don't think anyone thinks that Cormier made it through his amateur wrestling career without ever getting taken down.
do you even lift bro?

Old 08-03-2014, 02:17 AM   #59
ultimateriley-o
legendary hall of fame octagon viewier

Quote:
Originally Posted by J180 View Post

Saved by the small cage. And ended up on top lol.
Has poor Cecil EVER not been the comedic relief ?