Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:14 AM   #31
Y0cc3

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yookfarb View Post
Honestly, it just sounds to me that you don't like Chael and think he's just some lame white guy or whatever, and therefore anything he says or does will be perceived as such.

Chael's stuff is objectively better. It's funny, it's creative, and it's inspired a lot more outrage and butthurt for who he is.

He's going to spend the rest of his life in front of a camera because of it.

If Jon Jones could talk like Chael, he'd be the PBF of MMA. If Jon Jones talked like Mike Tyson, he'd be a joke.
I don't like Chael nor hate Chael. Like I said, Chael has said something funny such as story of bus and a carrot. Overall, he's not fluent with his stuff and it usually seems forced. It doesn't fit his persona but sounds more like some nerd with nasal voice has learned some trash talk and just repeats it like a parrot. There's no emotion, usually it's just lame. He's not good at reciting his poetry like Ali was and he has very non-rememberable nasal voice.
Is his material better than Tyson's? Yes, Tyson didn't have very good material but it suited him because he talked weird shit, he was weird dude, he had voice we remember, he could speak in a way that caught attention and he was charismatic. Chael just has inconsistent (sometimes good, sometimes boring) material without ability express it.

If Jon Jones talked like Tyson, he would look like an idiot. So what? Same style doesn't fit everyone. Remember when Silva tried to be like RJJ? Yeah, he looked like an ass.

Y0cc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:36 AM   #32
biscuitsbrah

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0cc3 View Post
I don't like Chael nor hate Chael. Like I said, Chael has said something funny such as story of bus and a carrot. Overall, he's not fluent with his stuff and it usually seems forced. It doesn't fit his persona but sounds more like some nerd with nasal voice has learned some trash talk and just repeats it like a parrot. There's no emotion, usually it's just lame. He's not good at reciting his poetry like Ali was and he has very non-rememberable nasal voice.
Is his material better than Tyson's? Yes, Tyson didn't have very good material but it suited him because he talked weird shit, he was weird dude, he had voice we remember, he could speak in a way that caught attention and he was charismatic. Chael just has inconsistent (sometimes good, sometimes boring) material without ability express it.

If Jon Jones talked like Tyson, he would look like an idiot. So what? Same style doesn't fit everyone. Remember when Silva tried to be like RJJ? Yeah, he looked like an ass.
Kind of agree about Chael being somewhat awkward with his trash talk.. Because sometimes it seems very forced and fake. But hands down his material was more creative and funny as fuck man, he has tons of highlights reels of him being infinitely hilarious. On the other hand Tyson's was funny but in a very different way, he was a scary vicious man, and so was his talk. Tyson was unintentionally funny. And yeah, Ali was a smooth talking dick lmao.

biscuitsbrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:56 AM   #33
Jackonflame

Silver Belt

vCash: 300
Bisping is the P4P best trash talker in the UFC. It's not even close.

He really should get a rematch against Chael now that Chael can't juice anymore.

Then again, Chael is gonna die if he can't take TRT so there's that

Old 04-06-2014, 08:06 AM   #34
Psychedelic

Orange Belt

Bisping is the better trash talker, but Chael is more charismatic and people are interested more in what he has to say than Bisping.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:11 AM   #35
Le Smish Smosh

Green Belt

I'd say Bisping is p4p undisputed trash talk king of the ufc, no one even comes close

5 years ago, I would've said Frank Mir is No. 2, and Sonnen is No. 3.. However due to Mir's recent inactivity in the trash talking department (possibly due to the vast amount of beatings he has received recently), I'd say Sonnen edges him out to take the No. 2 slot