Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2014, 09:59 AM   #121
Hans Gruber

Silver Belt
 
Hans Gruber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Rollie View Post
I think Werdum's win doesn't really mean much, because T-Browne's ribs got hurt in the first. Just like in the flukey Bigfoot fight, Trav was winning this fight until he got injured. Werdum hit him with some baby shots, but he couldn't stop him or really do much. I think they should scrap the title shot for Werdum and rematch immediately. Uninjured Browne elbows the back of Werdum's head to oblivion.
HAHAHA! Werdum kicked Browne's ass. Ribs or no ribs....Werdum dominated the fight (including the 1st round) Travis was never winning the fight.

Bigfoot also beat Brown in a legit manner. Maybe if Browne didn't cheat and blatantly hold the cage when Bigfoot was taking him down he wouldn't have strained his hamstring (because Bigfoot would have been ground and pounding him)

Anyway, Browne was moving away from Bigfoot really fast and had no where to go because he backed into the cage. If he had a strained hamstring or not he had no where to go.

Maybe Browne had strained arm too because he didn't lift it up his left to try to block the punch. He also was starting to throw a punch with his right but Bigfoot beat him to the punch.

See GIF


__________________
Now, I have a machine gun... Ho Ho Ho.
Hans Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:01 AM   #122
mutepoint

Green Belt
 
mutepoint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto, ON. Canada
Posts: 1,486
vCash: 500
Considering that Werdum caused the injury...in the fight...I'd say thats a pretty significant strike and it means a lot..

He's a tough dude...but when your opponent injures you and you lose, its pretty definitive.

__________________
"A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence."
-Leopold Stokowski
mutepoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:04 AM   #123
T Rollie

Purple Belt
 
T Rollie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,579
vCash: 27500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Gruber View Post
HAHAHA! Werdum kicked Browne's ass. Ribs or no ribs....Werdum dominated the fight (including the 1st round) Travis was never winning the fight.

Bigfoot also beat Brown in a legit manner. Maybe if Browne didn't cheat and blatantly hold the cage when Bigfoot was taking him down he wouldn't have strained his hamstring (because Bigfoot would have been ground and pounding him)

Anyway, Browne was moving away from Bigfoot really fast and had no where to go because he backed into the cage. If he had a strained hamstring or not he had no where to go.

Maybe Browne had strained arm too because he didn't lift it up his left to try to block the punch. He also was starting to throw a punch with his right but Bigfoot beat him to the punch.

See GIF

Even the UFC knows that fight wasn't legit, because Browne had never been taken down until Werdum took him down last night. Uninjured Browne, undefeated, 100% take down defense.

__________________
Keep cool, never freeze.
T Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:06 AM   #124
Hans Gruber

Silver Belt
 
Hans Gruber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Rollie View Post
Even the UFC knows that fight wasn't legit, because Browne had never been taken down until Werdum took him down last night. Uninjured Browne, undefeated, 100% take down defense.
Bigfoot had him taken down and Browne blatantly grabbed the fence to stop the takedown.

Bigfoot was able to take Browne down (if Browne didn't cheat) IN instances like this it should count as a takedown and the ref should put the fighter on his back.




So you think Browne had a hurt rib before the takedown in the 1st round?

Werdum destroyed Browne and took him down even before the supposed rib injury.

__________________
Now, I have a machine gun... Ho Ho Ho.
Hans Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:08 AM   #125
Madmick
You Can't Stop the Signal
 
Madmick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NorCal
Posts: 19,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Rollie View Post
If those are the only two options here, I guess I'm retarded then.
Indeed you are, because you gullibly accepted the framework I laid out as if I created your very universe, and failed to realize that these things aren't mutually exclusive. In fact, there is a third option, and the most common among such unskilled trollers like yourself:

You're both retarded and a troll.

__________________
"Trolling or retarded, I can't even tell any more."
- Concrete

I hereby decree this the Official Sherdog HW Forum shibboleth.
Madmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:09 AM   #126
T Rollie

Purple Belt
 
T Rollie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,579
vCash: 27500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Gruber View Post
To be fair Bigfoot had him taken down and Browne blatantly grabbed the fence to stop the takedown.
Bigfoot is a good fighter and I picked him to win that fight, but the injury factor left a real question mark in my mind for that fight, just like this one.

__________________
Keep cool, never freeze.
T Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:10 AM   #127
MMABr

Brown Belt
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,683
vCash: 500
Werdum injured him lol the wind didn't break Browne's rib.

MMABr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:10 AM   #128
supernova
光縁 LIGHTBRINGER 起物
 
supernova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smoking blunts with Sagan
Posts: 11,789
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmick View Post
Indeed you are, because you gullibly accepted the framework I laid out as if I created your very universe, and failed to realize that these things aren't mutually exclusive. In fact, there is a third option, and the most common among such unskilled trollers like yourself:

You're both retarded and a troll.
Its like quantum computing, you're on to something here.

__________________
***
...Every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:13 AM   #129
T Rollie

Purple Belt
 
T Rollie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,579
vCash: 27500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmick View Post
Indeed you are, because you gullibly accepted the framework I laid out as if I created your very universe, and failed to realize that these things aren't mutually exclusive. In fact, there is a third option, and the most common among such unskilled trollers like yourself:

You're both retarded and a troll.
I'm not sure how a skilled troll would have tackled this thread, I have no practical experience in the field of trolling. I'm just a man with an opinion and some time to kill.

__________________
Keep cool, never freeze.
T Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Latest Threads



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 PM.

Sherdog.com Forum Rules Clear Cookies Social Groups Lost Password
Contact Us - Sherdog Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices

Skin made by Alex. © iStyles.uni.cc Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
forums.sherdog.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.
monitoring_string = "fd5733925866a04e50edd70f38dfaa35"
monitoring_string = "603ac9fff68f23709f2a42bf5e29272b"