Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:59 AM   #121
Hans Gruber

Silver Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Rollie View Post
I think Werdum's win doesn't really mean much, because T-Browne's ribs got hurt in the first. Just like in the flukey Bigfoot fight, Trav was winning this fight until he got injured. Werdum hit him with some baby shots, but he couldn't stop him or really do much. I think they should scrap the title shot for Werdum and rematch immediately. Uninjured Browne elbows the back of Werdum's head to oblivion.
HAHAHA! Werdum kicked Browne's ass. Ribs or no ribs....Werdum dominated the fight (including the 1st round) Travis was never winning the fight.

Bigfoot also beat Brown in a legit manner. Maybe if Browne didn't cheat and blatantly hold the cage when Bigfoot was taking him down he wouldn't have strained his hamstring (because Bigfoot would have been ground and pounding him)

Anyway, Browne was moving away from Bigfoot really fast and had no where to go because he backed into the cage. If he had a strained hamstring or not he had no where to go.

Maybe Browne had strained arm too because he didn't lift it up his left to try to block the punch. He also was starting to throw a punch with his right but Bigfoot beat him to the punch.

See GIF

Old 04-20-2014, 10:01 AM   #122
mutepoint

Green Belt

Considering that Werdum caused the injury...in the fight...I'd say thats a pretty significant strike and it means a lot..

He's a tough dude...but when your opponent injures you and you lose, its pretty definitive.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:04 AM   #123
T Rollie

Purple Belt

vCash: 27500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Gruber View Post
HAHAHA! Werdum kicked Browne's ass. Ribs or no ribs....Werdum dominated the fight (including the 1st round) Travis was never winning the fight.

Bigfoot also beat Brown in a legit manner. Maybe if Browne didn't cheat and blatantly hold the cage when Bigfoot was taking him down he wouldn't have strained his hamstring (because Bigfoot would have been ground and pounding him)

Anyway, Browne was moving away from Bigfoot really fast and had no where to go because he backed into the cage. If he had a strained hamstring or not he had no where to go.

Maybe Browne had strained arm too because he didn't lift it up his left to try to block the punch. He also was starting to throw a punch with his right but Bigfoot beat him to the punch.

See GIF

Even the UFC knows that fight wasn't legit, because Browne had never been taken down until Werdum took him down last night. Uninjured Browne, undefeated, 100% take down defense.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:06 AM   #124
Hans Gruber

Silver Belt

Quote:
Even the UFC knows that fight wasn't legit, because Browne had never been taken down until Werdum took him down last night. Uninjured Browne, undefeated, 100% take down defense.
Bigfoot had him taken down and Browne blatantly grabbed the fence to stop the takedown.

Bigfoot was able to take Browne down (if Browne didn't cheat) IN instances like this it should count as a takedown and the ref should put the fighter on his back.

So you think Browne had a hurt rib before the takedown in the 1st round?

Werdum destroyed Browne and took him down even before the supposed rib injury.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:08 AM   #125
Madmick
You Can't Stop the Signal

Quote:
If those are the only two options here, I guess I'm retarded then.
Indeed you are, because you gullibly accepted the framework I laid out as if I created your very universe, and failed to realize that these things aren't mutually exclusive. In fact, there is a third option, and the most common among such unskilled trollers like yourself:

You're both retarded and a troll.

I hereby decree this the Official Sherdog HW Forum shibboleth.
Madmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:09 AM   #126
T Rollie

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Gruber View Post
To be fair Bigfoot had him taken down and Browne blatantly grabbed the fence to stop the takedown.
Bigfoot is a good fighter and I picked him to win that fight, but the injury factor left a real question mark in my mind for that fight, just like this one.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:10 AM   #127
MMABr

Brown Belt

Werdum injured him lol the wind didn't break Browne's rib.

MMABr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:10 AM   #128
supernova
光縁 LIGHTBRINGER 起物

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmick View Post
Indeed you are, because you gullibly accepted the framework I laid out as if I created your very universe, and failed to realize that these things aren't mutually exclusive. In fact, there is a third option, and the most common among such unskilled trollers like yourself:

Its like quantum computing, you're on to something here.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:13 AM   #129
T Rollie

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmick View Post

I'm not sure how a skilled troll would have tackled this thread, I have no practical experience in the field of trolling. I'm just a man with an opinion and some time to kill.