Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Worldwide MMA Discussion

Worldwide MMA Discussion This is the place for all non-UFC/WEC/Pride events, including Strikeforce, Affliction, HDNet Fights, Cage Rage, KOTC, ROTR, Shooto, and the like.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:21 PM   #71
irish_thug

Red Belt

vCash: 500
I want them to be successfull because I enjoy MMA.

Thank You Frank Mir
Thank You Seth Petruzelli
Thank You Randy Couture
Thank You Bigfoot Silva
Evan Tanner 1971-2008: Warrior, Legend.
irish_thug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:06 PM   #72
JimmyMarrow

Orange Belt

I'm all for other organizations in MMA. UFC has absorbed and demolished most of the competition and would likely try to do it to bellator given the chance. Every organization needs healthy competition. Its an absolute must.

Hell, Bill Gates invested money in Apple right before they were about to collapse. He realized MS needed the facade of competition in the market to stay viable. Now look where they are.

RIP PRIDE
JimmyMarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:52 PM   #73
iloveufc123

vCash: 1093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Goose View Post
I like watching the fighters under one roof so we can see the best fight the best. When there was Pride and UFC, too many dream match ups never happened when they should have or not at all.

I like the fighters to have options and be able to make money other places also, so it's a tough one. I like the smaller shows to stay small and groom fighters for the big show. I don't mean Paul Wight either.
So every fighter debuts in the ufc?

Old 07-11-2014, 12:26 AM   #74
basedworld

Yellow Belt

vCash: 300
With ufc buying up everything smaller and putting it on its platform and WSOF allegedly being owned by Zuffa , another company like bellator needs to exist to compete , offer a place for up and commers and ex ufc guys where they can be viable and make a decent living

Old 07-11-2014, 01:49 AM   #75
Bigj383

Gold Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveufc123 View Post
So every fighter debuts in the ufc?
Of course not that would be silly but the hopeful goal is once a fighter is proven enough he be signed by the UFC. I think ideally people want Bellator, WSOF, RFA etc to be farm leagues for the UFC. Some orgs have accepted that role and actually have UFC out clauses in their contract. So a farm league like RFA can sign long term contracts with fighters without holding a fighter back.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:13 AM   #76
WarriorPoet1

Blue Belt

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooth and Nail View Post
Is Randy Couture still affiliated with Bellator? I haven't heard anything from him in a while.
He's going to be doing like a gym rescue show on spike funny as i think he only has one extreme couture gym left

Old 07-11-2014, 06:25 AM   #77
RageRoider

Blue Belt

i want OneFc to be sucesfull more ,better rules .

RageRoider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:40 AM   #78
Elmero

Green Belt

Agreed. I'm of looking for fights on promotions that don't show their fights in mainstream channels.

Condit Kampmann
Melendez Pettis
Faber Benavides
y el Goyito

& fck point fighters
Elmero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:34 PM   #79
skylolow

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorPoet1 View Post
He's going to be doing like a gym rescue show on spike funny as i think he only has one extreme couture gym left
Not sure it will see the light of day.

My understanding is they did 3 episodes and stopped cold.

Randy is a hell of a fighter and can be a good spokesman for the sport but beyond that he is dry. I'm pretty sure he came off quite boring on the 3 episodes or at least not very polarizing.

Old 07-11-2014, 01:48 PM   #80
Amerikuracana

Steel Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC27 View Post
SF didnt have better production.

Jone Jones was never a free agent
Though I agree SF did not have better production overall, they had a different look that people could easily prefer. Especially the classy outro paying homage to the fighters and the fights.