Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 12-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #101
sonhow

Green Belt

vCash: 500
I think Jones is awkward and acts out of his true charachter. Still he's far from the most uncharismatic one out there.

sonhow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #102
Marce Porter

Green Belt

Easily Cain. Dude doesn't appear to have a personality. Doesn't make him a bad person.

"Chael Sonnen typically walks around at 250 pounds, shredded."
-Mike Dolce
Marce Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #103
Marce Porter

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeliankoFan1 View Post
Jones can be charismatic and funny, he just says some wild/irritating shit that some of his haters dont like, but he actually has a personality which negates him from being boring.

He is probably the most charismatic/non boring champion out of the new grouping when you look at his interviews possibly outside of Rhonda. If you watch him with interviewers he smiles, flirts with female reporters and jokes and is pretty personable.

Cain would be the answer, he really has no personality at all and is almost like a stone, which isnt bad but he is a quiet guy and smiles very little.
Yes, this is very true. Sometimes Jones is boring but other times he showcases a great personality.

Of the current champs, I'd say Pettis is the most charismatic (or GSP if he's still included). Aldo and Barao are probably pretty charismatic, too, but it's hard to tell since I haven't seen many interviews of them due to the language barrier.

-Mike Dolce
Old 12-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #104
Marce Porter

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwbjj87 View Post
Barao by a landslide, the guy has by far the best record and no one seems to care
Equating popularity to charisma is just silly.

Barao is not as popular as he should be b/c he's from a country that doesn't speak English and he fights at 135 (many MMA fans are only into watching the big boys for some dumb reason).

-Mike Dolce
Old 12-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #105
Ln

Orange Belt

Actually think Aldo and Barao have a lot of personality, however they don't speak English so most people can't see much of it.

Ln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #106
JDawg9

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainCandy View Post
This isn't Miss USA. Fighters don't get bonus points for acing the interview portion. What goes on in the ring is what matters.
Actually they get huge bonus for being charismatic, they get more views therefore more money. Unless you go on a very big winning streak and manage to sell to your nation like Gsp did.

JDawg9 is offline   Reply With Quote