Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-24-2014, 02:16 PM   #81
beastman

Black Belt

vCash: 500
There are guys who are great in the gym and buckle under pressure when the crowd is there. The mental side of the fight game is huge.

That said, Cummins just didn't have the skill, especially striking, to hang with Cormier.

Old 02-24-2014, 02:17 PM   #82
Mikeyz

Red Belt

vCash: 50
I think he must have secretly meant "He GETS steamrolled by top fighters"

BTW, if the former was true, how did Cormier not get One of the POTN bonuses?

cute and yet sexy

fun but not crazy

sexy but not slutty

tough but not butchy

Gina FTMFW.
Mikeyz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:19 PM   #83
Zigmeister

Green Belt

Fitch...haha...OK, that is a good one.

But, how about Eddie Alverez?

Zigmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:19 PM   #84
nick1990

Green Belt

vCash: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMcFly View Post
I have seen so many people saying these things. There's no "massive sweeping generalisations"...I didn't say EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THIS THREAD DOES THESE THINGS AND I'M SUPER SERIOUS! Did I use a bit of hyperbole? Yeah, a bit.I mean, if you consider "You people hate..." as hyperbole. I suppose you would, sense you consider it "massive sweeping generalisation with no substance"...even though there was a bit of substance. I mean, I gave my opinion on it.

So, I mean...I hope you feel better that you posted that, but it's not entirely accurate. I mean, I understand that it's trendy to say things like "Massive sweeping generalisations", you see it all the time on Sherdog. For awhile there, every thread title and response had to have the word "fallacy" in it. It's just one of those things, that comes and goes.
Really? "Every threat title and response"?

Considering that whole post was about you not making a gross generalisation thats an odd claim to make...

But I think whats happened here is a bit of confirmation bias, I dont think the percentage is as high as you think but you may just fixate on those comments? The vast majority of posters here enjoy the UFC and support it both verbally and financially which is why they get up in arms when the UFC and Dana make moves/remarks like they did for the Cummings vs DC and Ronda Vs McMan fights.

nick1990 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:31 PM   #85
MarkyMcFly

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick1990 View Post
Really? "Every threat title and response"?

Considering that whole post was about you not making a gross generalisation thats an odd claim to make...

But I think whats happened here is a bit of confirmation bias, I dont think the percentage is as high as you think but you may just fixate on those comments? The vast majority of posters here enjoy the UFC and support it both verbally and financially which is why they get up in arms when the UFC and Dana make moves/remarks like they did for the Cummings vs DC and Ronda Vs McMan fights.
The problem lies in the petty details. I say every thread title and response, and you take that to literally mean that I meant that every single thread title and response had the word fallacy in it. Obviously, that's not the case. Maybe we've been in different threads, you haven't seen it, but I have. It's hyperbole, it's nothing more.

Once I wrote a thread on the subject...um, something along the lines of "why does everyone hate Rampage" something like that...and like every damn comment*** was "NOT EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE WORLD HATES RAMPAGE"...well...yeah, no shit. I thought you guys could figure that one out by yourselves.

***Disclaimer; Not every single person who posted in the thread said that. I apparently need to clarify.

Big Rigg - The heir to the throne.
Korean Zombie
Machida
Cerrone
Browne
MarkyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:33 PM   #86
badmofo32

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by daweedy View Post
I understand that, but why do they need to hype it with lies. They could have hyped it like "figter given an opportunity of a lifetime" or something like that
Why do they have to spread lies. I mean you can hype it to some degree, but when you have a what should have been an unbiased commentator, spreading absolute lies and idiocy, it just makes UFC look redicioulus and kills all the legitimacy the event has. At least for me. Cmon tell it like it is.
I agree 100%. They should be real with their fans. The way they lied to hype this fight just shows their level of disrespect for their customers. Ten seconds into that fight it should have been obvious to anyone watching that Cummins didn't belong in the octagon with DC. Tell it like it is. "We are giving this guy an incredible opportunity to step up and fight one of the best. Let's see if he can make the most of it."

1: Bj Penn
2: Fedor Emelianenko
3: Shinya Aoki
4: Wanderlei Silva
5: Demian Maia
6: Royce Gracie
7: Lyoto Machida
badmofo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:36 PM   #87
lololboom

Orange Belt

To be fair, we don't really know where Cormier stands in the division. Maybe he goes out there and does the same thing to Jones.

Without seeing further fights, Cummins still could be #2 in the world. (unlikely lol) but we really don't know yet how bad/good he is.

Old 02-24-2014, 03:40 PM   #88
taedium

Purple Belt

Those 40 guys were actually random people outside a Missouri shopping mall.
They did a survey of 100 people, where 40 said no.