Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-07-2014, 12:22 AM   #21
EmeliankoFan1

Red Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosua View Post
DC could potentially have issues with the speed and striking of Vitor and Machida. Gus too.

I don't see any problems with Shogun, Rampage, Rashad, Chael and Glover.

Bones would handle Mir, outpoint Big Country and Soa , probably make Hendo eat his fair share of elbows. Could be interesting vs Barnett and Bigfoot for sure.
You dont think he would have problems against Rashad and Tex. You do know Texiera is one of the best BJJ grapplers in the division. Taking Tex down wont be fun for Cormier and Tex is a very strong guy with good pocket boxing.

I think Rashad and Texiera, Gus, TRT Vitor and Machida could and would give Cormier stylistic problems. I think Rashad is the one fighter who can give Cormier a lot of problems stylistically if he uses his wrestling and he is faster than Cormier.

I would think the fighters with heavy punching power would be the most problems for jones at HW since he would need to get acclimated to that power.

Last edited by EmeliankoFan1; 08-07-2014 at 12:31 AM.
EmeliankoFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:24 AM   #22
MartyMcFry

Brown Belt

vCash: 50
I think Jones beats all Cormier's opponents. Hm... Gus is the only question mark for me if DC could beat him. Keep in mind, I do think Jones is gonna beat DC.

Old 08-07-2014, 01:24 AM   #23
Sosua

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeliankoFan1 View Post
You dont think he would have problems against Rashad and Tex. You do know Texiera is one of the best BJJ grapplers in the division. Taking Tex down wont be fun for Cormier and Tex is a very strong guy with good pocket boxing.

I think Rashad and Texiera, Gus, TRT Vitor and Machida could and would give Cormier stylistic problems. I think Rashad is the one fighter who can give Cormier a lot of problems stylistically if he uses his wrestling and he is faster than Cormier.

I would think the fighters with heavy punching power would be the most problems for jones at HW since he would need to get acclimated to that power.
Tex is too slow IMO, and Rashad has inferior wrestling and strength - his speed would really only be apparent with his seldom used (these days) striking but that's reliant on the TD threat.

Even though Shad is elite I think DC is a bigger, better version.

Last edited by Sosua; 08-07-2014 at 01:40 AM.
Sosua is offline   Reply With Quote