Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-18-2013, 02:37 AM   #71
Illusive Man

Green Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCS View Post
Yeah, "nice" card for betting, as said.
Yeah I had a $100 parlay on Browne,Sonnen, Faber and Lauzon.

Illusive Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:41 AM   #72
MCS
needle movement expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusive Man View Post
Yeah I had a $100 parlay on Browne,Sonnen, Faber and Lauzon.
Damn, so close. Should've went with Conor, Matt Brown, Mayday and Faber. The surest ones going in.

MCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #73
bub**
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UL View Post
Well if Shogun somehow loses tonight (which he wont as I have seen this fight also), I'll be done and dusted with the forums so might as well enjoy it.
I hope this wasn't hyperbole. If it wasn't, good riddance.

bub** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #74
Cuggy X

Blue Belt

That was such a shit fight. I'm a big Lauzon fan and might be a bit biased, but he did absolutely nothing that entire fight and showed such a lack of skills that my friends and I were starting to think he was hurt. Such a shitty thing to happen in front of the home crowd. Being there for this fight was not fun.

Supporting: GSP, J. Lauzon, Wanderlei, Bones, Sonnen, Bendo, Machida, Belfort, Weidman

www.fullmountmma.blogspot.com
Cuggy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #75
PAPERCLIP30

Red Belt

vCash: 960
Joe was definitely off last night. I wonder what was up.

PAPERCLIP30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #76
Terror Zone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Even after the fight, I dont see much love for Johnson's improvement and performance. It seems to be about what Lauzon did wrong.

Johnson's hands were very fast, his strikes came from different angles and his counter punches were power shots and made Lauzon pay. That seemed to be what did Lauzon in.
I'm a Johnson fan but it's hard to give him too much credit for last night, it was the biggest win of his career sure but Lauzon did absolutely nothing. I certainly didn't see any improvement out of Johnson, that's what he always looks like. We just haven't seen him up against someone who did as little as Lauzon did before, the guy wasn't even fighting back for large portions of the fight.

Terror Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:19 AM   #77
HerpDerp

Purple Belt

vCash: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terror Zone View Post
I'm a Johnson fan but it's hard to give him too much credit for last night, it was the biggest win of his career sure but Lauzon did absolutely nothing. I certainly didn't see any improvement out of Johnson, that's what he always looks like. We just haven't seen him up against someone who did as little as Lauzon did before, the guy wasn't even fighting back for large portions of the fight.
There was a huge speed discrepancy between Johnson and Lauzon, and Lauzon was the one at the disadvantage.

Johnson was constantly finding his range throughout the fight, pot shotting Lauzon again and again, and also looked extremely impressive when throwing his combinations. He's become very fluid in the stand-up; his footwork combined with his quickness keeps him out of major trouble and simultaniously create openings for him, and he definitely knows when the time is right to pour it on and add some real power into those strikes. All in all, the biggest improvement was his ability to atleast somewhat reserve his energy, when it was obvious his opponent wasn't ready to go away just yet. Previously, he would try to force the KO like against Madadi, and it has ended up costing him.

So, yeah, I picked Lauzon on the 1st page and literally said I believed him to be better everywhere. I'm ready to eat crow.

...and you, you chowder-head yokel, you blithering hayseed. You've had enough of me?"
HerpDerp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:34 AM   #78
SherdogGoat

Lauzon seemed like a different fighter, I am not sure why he was so passive.

SherdogGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:36 AM   #79
RaZoRAndrew
Legendary

vCash: 50
Wow, some of you really ate your words :]

PRIDE Fighting Championships Forever
WEC Forever
Live your dreams

"We are all one"

MODS! Change my name to Legendary
RaZoRAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote