Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:53 PM   #91
Bonos

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
ZUFFA wants 100k subscribers but I really wonder if they can convince 10k of MMA nerds to sign up for things that can be already accessed online.

In theory the library is a cool concept but do you really trust the same company that used to charge for individual prelims to put up thousands of fights on there? Seeing is believing, not to mention all the streaming issues they might have for live events.

Bonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:07 PM   #92
snakeyes1022

Blue Belt

vCash: 249
Can you log in now and rewatch last nights event? I DVR 80% of the events and watch the next day. If you cant watch after the original air time that would make it useless to me.

snakeyes1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:25 PM   #93
Shogun Rising
WWRVD?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesBones View Post
I honestly don't understand the appeal of a "library". How many times can you watch a fight, or any sporting event? Does anybody watch a football game twice? Sporting events do not have replay value to me. Most of the excitement is it being live and not knowing what is gonna happen next.
Well for me, I like watching old random fights while I work out. Just something entertaining even if I've seen it before because I might forget about something little, and I like to give the dubstep remixes a rest on the treadmill sometimes.

Also, when I have people over for a big fight, if they get here early, we like to watch some old fights for whoever's fighting. Like when Shogun fights, we nerd out on the 05 GP, or we'll watch some vintage Wanderlei vs Quinton or Sakuraba for a Silva fight.

Old 01-05-2014, 06:48 PM   #94
Hendo231

White Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeyes1022 View Post
Can you log in now and rewatch last nights event? I DVR 80% of the events and watch the next day. If you cant watch after the original air time that would make it useless to me.
Yeah u can watch last nights event right now. I never have the chance to watch them live either

Hendo231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:00 PM   #95
flanellograf

Silver Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonos View Post
ZUFFA wants 100k subscribers but I really wonder if they can convince 10k of MMA nerds to sign up for things that can be already accessed online.

In theory the library is a cool concept but do you really trust the same company that used to charge for individual prelims to put up thousands of fights on there? Seeing is believing, not to mention all the streaming issues they might have for live events.
Itunes. Spotify. Netflix etc. All of that content is also pirated and available online.
People don't mind paying for a legal option if it's priced fairly, and convenient.
There already is a fair amount of content up there.
If they also start putting up next day replays of PPV:s and FOX cards, it would be a very nice offer for fans outside the US. And the global market is potentially huge.

MVP
It's Showtime
Hespect Honda Houseys Heputation
Immortal
Thatchy Fili
Coach Bang

Last edited by flanellograf; 01-05-2014 at 07:06 PM.
flanellograf is offline   Reply With Quote