Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:04 AM   #281
Headk1ck

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeharris74 View Post
I don't care either way for either fighter, but under the current rules, it can be argued GSP won the fight. According to how little they give out 10-8's, 2 and 4 were 10-9 rounds for Hendricks. 3 and 5 were 10-9 for GSP. One was dead close and can be argued for either.

When an irrational person judges a fight and sees the majority feel the same way, they use that momentum to justify their irrational view.

Logically, with the current scoring system, GSP has a valid argument for winning that fight due to the rules (which do need changed). No amount of arguing or butthurt is going to change that, so you might as well let it go.
Came in to post this, but couldnt have said it in such a good way.

Headk1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:08 AM   #282
Princess Vicky

Orange Belt

vCash: 230
Believable.

Princess Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:16 AM   #283
SuperLuigi

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Crisis View Post
It doesn't work like that anyway so who gives a fuck
Unfortunately thats exactly how the 10 point must system works. Its lame, but those are the rules gameplans and in-fight choices are formed upon so we cant really dispute it.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:16 AM   #284
wowspare

Purple Belt

It's very hard to objectively judge a fight that you were involved in.....

wowspare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #285
kamag06

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaydawg View Post
First of all, congrats on finally somewhat getting what I was saying.

This was never about the point system and the UFC rules. I was just stating that GSP should admit that he lost the "FIGHT". That shows integrity.

The best analogy I can think of off the top of my head is in golf. Say a guy dominates a tournament and shoots a 67. He accidently inverses the numbers on the scorecard and writes 76 on accident. The rules of golf say he has to take the 76 once he signs the card. We all know he shot 67 and dominated the tournament to win. Yet he loses on a technicality.

Now the guy who won knows that he should not have won because he was beat. Then he comes out a week later and says "I rewatched the tournament and after rewatching it, I believe I won".

Sounds really dumb doesnt it? Now you know how I feel about GSP. Technically he won due to the rule that the judges get to decide and there was a slim chance that he really won round 1. But everyone that watched the fight knows he really lost. He just refused to admit it.

Great, GSP will always have a split decision victory on paper and in the record books against Hendricks. Those of us who watched the fight will know what really happened.

I win.
That golf analogy is the dumbest shit I have ever seen!

Last edited by kamag06; 12-15-2013 at 09:32 AM.
kamag06 is offline   Reply With Quote