Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 09-20-2013, 06:49 AM   #31
Evbo

Brown Belt

vCash: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heikki Mustola View Post
Its a good replacement but words cannot describe my disappointment. I should've knew this was coming, but still.. I just really, really want to see this fight happen. Or Paul fight again against anyone, I wouldn't want him to retire, but I dont know how severe his injuries have been.

He is 33, not too old, I think he could have couple years left (depending of those injuries of course)

Last time he fought was in february, 2011, knocked out Gabe Ruediger with a head kick
According to an article posted on MMA junkie about an hour ago, he's announced his retirement. Sad because he was always an entertaining fighter to watch. His fights with Kelly, Reudiger and Davis were all great.

Evbo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:56 AM   #32
Heikki Mustola

Purple Belt

vCash: 29294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evbo View Post
According to an article posted on MMA junkie about an hour ago, he's announced his retirement. Sad because he was always an entertaining fighter to watch. His fights with Kelly, Reudiger and Davis were all great.
Aww man...

Damn I feel sad now, he was one of my favorites, his fights with Paul Kelly, Marcus Davis, Gabe Ruediger, Edilberto "Crocota" de Oliveira and Chris Lytle were awesome fights.

But its important to have a good health in your life, so I understand his decision. Sucks so much that this had to happen to him again and again

Hopefully he will be good financially now after fighting

All the best, Paul!

Old 09-20-2013, 08:14 AM   #33
toe hold

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
I'm sure after his latest withdrawal, the UFC told him to announce he was hanging it up, so they would not have to publicly release him. He'll probably turn up again in a UK B-League organization in 2014.

toe hold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #34
dumykount
Banned

vCash: 500
Sucks that Taylor not only pulled out of the fight, but also retired. Njoukani is tougher than his recent record suggests but a loss could still see him leaving the promotion. A win for Iaquinta would be huge for him.

dumykount is offline   Reply With Quote