Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #351
campbecc

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulsebub View Post
ZzzzzzZ, she called him stupid plain and simple
Is English your first language?

campbecc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #352
rslayer

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubkusjones View Post
Yeah, a professional fighter (who just happens to have more fights under her belt) has no idea what it's like to be in the cage fighting professionally.

Didn't Cain himself say that he wasn't interested in taking the submission and wanted to end it with strikes?

Nah, I think Cain would last a little bit longer. Besides, he's got a wife and a kid, I don't think he'd stray.
The size and level of competition she fights is a lot lower than what Cain was dealing with. It would be similar to Jose Aldo calling out Cain. It's just a different game, that's why there are weight classes and gender restrictions.

I played QB in HS and a little in college (Division I). Even though I haven't been on an NFL field, I know the windows are tighter and there's no way I could compete. There is an urge to try to take our own experiences and then extend them to others, but really unless you're there you just can't think you can do that. It's tough to do even simple things at the highest levels because your opponents are so good themselves. Everyone's a little faster, stronger and bigger, there aren't weaknesses you can easily pick on most of the time either.

As fans we like to comment on certain things, discuss strats, results, project matchups etc. But when you start discussing the ease of doing something and stating outcomes you think are obvious that the competitors are just missing, I think that's where you've started to cross the line and are speaking beyond your level. Actual gameplan and execution is always pretty involved and difficult.

rslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #353
Gnomestone

Purple Belt

It's easy to say that when you're sitting behind a keyboard. That's all I have to say. Obviously there were opportunities to go for the finish, but Cain fought a smart and cerebral fight. Cain is an absolute machine.

Gnomestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:01 AM   #354
Bulsebub**
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by campbecc View Post
Is English your first language?
Yes, why did you ask?

Bulsebub** is offline   Reply With Quote