Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #41
Momanjabo

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
I feel very sorry for GSP. It's pretty apparent that something is bugging him right now. He's been champ for so long and is seemingly not taking the bashing and criticism very well. GSP is a good guy, a great champ and if he's retiring he should know that he's been appreciated in the company.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:21 AM   #42
apostle

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstar17 View Post
I guess he doesn´t want to piss GSP off since he still can earn him a lot of money with a rematch.

I hope GSP sticks out his finger and retires. Many people would talk massive trash but I say F it. GSP has nothing to prove and doesn´t need the money. He can lead his gym as a coach along with Firas if he still wants to be in contact with the sport. He should take his time now and enjoy the beautiful life of a millionaire.
I'm with you. He's my favorite fighter and I'd love for him to do exactly that, finger and all. Dana backed off a lot after GSP started breaking down but he shouldn't have been so quick to bash such a class act in the first place. GSP doesn't "owe" anything. He wants a wife, kids, said so himself. He's 32. Go for it Georges. Thanks for the memories.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #43
Zlatan1

Purple Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momanjabo View Post
I feel very sorry for GSP. It's pretty apparent that something is bugging him right now. He's been champ for so long and is seemingly not taking the bashing and criticism very well. GSP is a good guy, a great champ and if he's retiring he should know that he's been appreciated in the company.
Completely agreed.

46:17-48:00
Man, GSP deserves much more respect Dana and most of the fans give him. It's quite heartbreaking to see a true champ, a class act talk like that. People need to realize he's human, and he isn't a judge neither. He gave his best and in my opinion he won. If someone disagrees, he shouldn't disrescpect a such a great person and great champ GSP is. Haters should feel ashamed and Dana as well.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #44
Levi_

Red Belt

Totally agree.

Dana is indebted to GSP just like GSP is indebted to Dana. Show the UFC's biggest money maker some respect after a fight like that.

Dana is starting to look like some kind of ruthless, money-hungry Mafioso promoter.

I am not saying he has to agree with or be happy about anything GSP said, but as TS said, that was really classless.

GSP should take the money and leave

Levi_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:27 AM   #45
MusterX

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstar17 View Post
You´re right. Dana´s reaction was disgusting. GSP potential retirement plans would spoil a rematch which would be huge just like Silva-Weidman II. That´s why he is so angry. Silva would be treated in a similar way had he retired. Dana doesn´t say it but I get the intention that Dana would prefer both to fight until their bodies give up and they get knocked out in back to back fights like Chuck to a point where they are absolutely done and their worth for the UFC is gone.
Dana doesn't give a shit about GSP. Something obviously is wrong with Georges. Whatever that may be I don't know but something is wrong. He told Rogan on his podcast he has missing time he can't remember and that its been happening for a long time. Something is wrong with his mind, I guess we will find out eventually but Dana doesn't care. What he cares about is PPV's and dollars. Dollars he knows he will miss if GSP retires on top.