Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:16 AM   #21
thomm030

Green Belt

vCash: 500
Have you been drinking again?

thomm030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:28 AM   #22
Farbeyondthesun

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEB View Post
JDS would have been a monster in K1 and his fight with Cro Cop took Cro Cops spirit out of him. Comparisons have been made but Junior is just not as fast but he is bigger and stronger then Cro Cop. Junior has nearly perfect size and strength for the heavies in the UFC while having good standup. If your measurements are based on skill set VS power then Cro Cop technique is better then Junior.

Hunt of 2002 v.s JDS would have been a completely different fight, especially in K-1. I hope you know that.... and I'm not so sure he wold have been a "monster" in K-1, maybe a mid-tier fighter, but not a monster.

Farbeyondthesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:07 AM   #23
Westbrick

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farbeyondthesun View Post
Hunt of 2002 v.s JDS would have been a completely different fight, especially in K-1. I hope you know that.... and I'm not so sure he wold have been a "monster" in K-1, maybe a mid-tier fighter, but not a monster.

lol, you still believe K-1 fighters are that good?

Aldo #1 p4p.
Westbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:09 AM   #24
sebCS
Banned

Cro Cop inexplicably got worse later in his career. Not just his speed and power, but his technique too. In his prime he was definitely not overhyped. His style was definitely what made MMA exciting to watch.

sebCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:09 AM   #25
PEB
Atomic Butt Drop Champ :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farbeyondthesun View Post
I been following K1 since when people like Andy Hug, Peter Aerts and Glaube Feitosa where in the sport. UFC has evolved in many ways people like JDS has evolved with the sport developing his striking to levels that are beyond that of the UFC events in the earlier era. There is little evidence that JDS could not be in the title hunt in K1 doubtful that he would be a gatekeeper or mid-tier fighter.