Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:50 PM   #81
Drew314

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockUmSockUm View Post
He took Lawler the distance and had him in worst spots than Hendrix, but he's not top 10 material? Of course you're more concerned about the wager than logic or respecting a fighter
The wager is a direct effect of your inability to use logic that isn't a dripping, liberal fallacy. Brown was handled. Now you are using MMAth? Brown had Lawler in worse spots than Hendricks? So did Jake Shields, so he must be the real threat #rolleyeslolblahblah

Drew314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:52 PM   #82
Tankeray
just a friend of the family

No.

Tankeray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:59 PM   #83
punky brewster

Green Belt

Quote:
He took Lawler the distance and had him in worst spots than Hendrix, but he's not top 10 material? Of course you're more concerned about the wager than logic or respecting a fighter
Dude, just grab your ankles and take it like a man. Stop with the "of course your'e more concerned...." shit. Bite the pillow, bro.

punky brewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:32 AM   #84
RockUmSockUm

Black Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew314 View Post
The wager is a direct effect of your inability to use logic that isn't a dripping, liberal fallacy. Brown was handled. Now you are using MMAth? Brown had Lawler in worse spots than Hendricks? So did Jake Shields, so he must be the real threat #rolleyeslolblahblah
What logic is that? That a guy who took Lawler the distance and had him in more trouble than the champion isn't worthy of the top 10? Sounds more like the delusional shit you spew. Shields fought Lawler at MW and that was a few years ago. Lawler has improved, but Brown was almost his equal tonight. You can't even give him props for that just so you can you were right? Fool.

RockUmSockUm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:36 AM   #85
RockUmSockUm

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky brewster View Post
Dude, just grab your ankles and take it like a man. Stop with the "of course your'e more concerned...." shit. Bite the pillow, bro.
I'm not your bro, little girl. I'll hold up my side when it's time.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:37 AM   #86
BayStyles

Black Belt

Wait, Pendred the Irish Guy from TUF?

The hell kinda match making is that?

Jon "Psychotic Undertone" Jones
Conor "Anti Wrestlefuck" McGregor
Nick "Uneducated Fool" Diaz
Ronda "She's No Angel" Rousey
BayStyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 01:31 PM   #87
Drew314

Blue Belt

Quote:
What logic is that? That a guy who took Lawler the distance and had him in more trouble than the champion isn't worthy of the top 10? Sounds more like the delusional shit you spew. Shields fought Lawler at MW and that was a few years ago. Lawler has improved, but Brown was almost his equal tonight. You can't even give him props for that just so you can you were right? Fool.
Fool? I don't think that word means what you think it does.
fool
noun \ˈfül\
: a person who lacks good sense or judgment : a stupid or silly person

Yes, people will look at my profile, and see clearly that I am the one with a lack of good judgement. Okay, Cap'n. Matt Brown fought no one. He took Robbie to decision. So what? That makes him top 10? Great fighters get taken the distance ALL THE TIME by people who do not belong in the cage with them. BJ Penn took Rory to decision. Is he top 10 welter? Koscheck and Pierce almost beat Hendricks. Are they top 10? Grow up, man. You were wrong. That's why you lost. Brown beat 7 people outside of the top 10. That does not earn you a title eliminator fight, having never had a single top 10 win in his career. That isn't bashing Brown, it's respecting Lawler. He had nothing to gain from fighting Matt Brown. Just another example of the UFC hype machine, and you swallowed it so hard, you choked on it to the point of making an av bet. Robbie will be fighting for the title, and Matt Brown will start again, trying to get a top 10 win for the first time in his life. I think Brown should get Ellenberger next, but I think he loses that one too.

Drew314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 01:35 PM   #88
Zanmato

Brown Belt

cathal wasn't that impressive on TUF and was getting killed in the first round of his most recent fight, this would be a horrible mismatch... what a strange suggestion!

Old 07-27-2014, 01:37 PM   #89
RockUmSockUm

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew314 View Post
Fool? I don't think that word means what you think it does.
fool
noun \ˈfül\
: a person who lacks good sense or judgment : a stupid or silly person

Yes, people will look at my profile, and see clearly that I am the one with a lack of good judgement. Okay, Cap'n. Matt Brown fought no one. He took Robbie to decision. So what? That makes him top 10? Great fighters get taken the distance ALL THE TIME by people who do not belong in the cage with them. BJ Penn took Rory to decision. Is he top 10 welter? Koscheck and Pierce almost beat Hendricks. Are they top 10? Grow up, man. You were wrong. That's why you lost. Brown beat 7 people outside of the top 10. That does not earn you a title eliminator fight, having never had a single top 10 win in his career. That isn't bashing Brown, it's respecting Lawler. He had nothing to gain from fighting Matt Brown. Just another example of the UFC hype machine, and you swallowed it so hard, you choked on it to the point of making an av bet. Robbie will be fighting for the title, and Matt Brown will start again, trying to get a top 10 win for the first time in his life. I think Brown should get Ellenberger next, but I think he loses that one too.
I don't know the dictionary definition of fool but I know when I'm talking to one.

Brown fought "no one"? He smashed everyone he did fight, and since the best are in the UFC, he fought and smashed some of the best. Lawler is a bigger product of the UFC hype machine than Brown .

Old 07-27-2014, 01:43 PM   #90
xMaxPower

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by eon001 View Post
Pendred's striking is an abomination. I don't get how he got the same hype as Conor? I'm scared to look at his previous fights. He must have fought half drunk gypsie travelers to get a decent wining record.
how the fk did he get the same hype as connor lol

xMaxPower is offline   Reply With Quote