Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:14 PM   #41
skombolis

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate You View Post
The fact that you think he's doing commercials because he needs money is just silly man. Did you think he just sits around turning down easy work like making commercials because he has enough? Who the fuck ever has enough money? Nobody. Not even billionaires.

He has money BECAUSE he does commercials, works with sponsors, and you know, is bankrolled by the UFC with his cush office gig. He's been doing them for years. Get real man, people don't just go and do commercials because they need money. They WANT money. You NEVER have enough.
Billionaires probably have enough but I agree with the rest. He isn't working because he is desperate for cash. He isn't desperate for cash because he continues to bring in income. Its how he stays in the more than financially comfortable range

Old 08-06-2014, 09:15 PM   #42
Tuf_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Burek View Post
Many A-list celebs have commercials for Aveeno, Revlon, and other makeup/lotion brands.

Everyone that has some brain cells left would do commercials. Big money for not much work.
I think the catch is: nobody wants to be acting in a commercial as a character because no one knows who they are - which I've seen happen recently and felt kinda sorry for the actress.

That's the only exception that I can see that would make commercials "bad" but even in that case, apparently the commercial is good because at least they can get some kind of paying gig.

"Stout is having his way with Lauzon’s liver"
- Sherdog UFC 108 Play-by-Play
Tuf_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:17 PM   #43
Timurd123

Brown Belt

vCash: 5368
Its a half day job for a probably 5 figures

But im sure it would be beneath you, you would save yourself for something more noble

Timurd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:58 PM   #44
Hugo Drax

Blue Belt

Gotta love Chuck and his huge fucking beer belly.

Hugo Drax is offline   Reply With Quote