Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:11 AM   #51
joey gerbils

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
similar in build but thats it

Fedor's background is sambo/judo
Cormier's is freestyle wrestling

Fedor would knock motherfuckers out cold standing up, go for judo throws and armlocking fools left and right

Cormier is a powerful wrestler with a nasty double leg, g'n'p and great dirty boxing

joey gerbils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:28 AM   #52
bobgeese

White Belt

No...... just..... no.....

bobgeese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:21 PM   #53
Ippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKZOMBIE View Post
was Fedor ever a wrestler?
Judo and sambo = wrestling.

Ippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:24 PM   #54
GBcrazy

Orange Belt

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiMyNameIs View Post
Fedor was the no.1 heavyweight and p4p king for a LONG time and Cormier, to me, is Fedor version 2.0 imo. I was comparing highlights and it's like they are the same fighter in a different body. Cormier is going to dominate Jones im every aspect and we are going to see a reign of terror in the LHW division and possibly the HW division via "DC".

The only advantage Jones really has in this fight is his reach. Also, on the interview with ken flo after there brawl Jones states that DC has faved over the hill fighters and that his resume isnt very impressive. Jones imo has a padded record as well fighting over the hill fighters. Ill start with his title fight.

He beat Shogun who was on a steady decline and was nowhere near what he was in pride.
He then goes on to bear a clearly over the hill Rampage Jackson who shouldnt have been in the same ring as any of the top ten 205ers.
VS. Machida was actuallu a good impressive win but, we all know machida is tiny for 205 and is saying he can make 170 if he wanted too. Regardless, good win.
Then he goes on to defeat former training partner and an over the hill suga rashad evans who is also a shell of his former self. But, that was another impressive win by Jones.
He then beats 185ers Vitor (who nearly tapped him out in the opening seconds) and chael sonnen who belongs nowhere near 205.
Vs. Gustaffson.... imo Jones lost that decision. Jones got the breaks beat off of him and lost that fight imo.
Vs. Tex. Another solid win. But i still think tex is over rated. We wont know until he fights davis.

Anyway.... DC would dominate everyone Jones has fought imo. It irritates me how Jones was saying DC has beaten all over the hill fighters and blah blah blah when Jones has done the same thing.

I dont see how Jones beats DC at all. DC is a mirror image of Fedor and we all know how Fedors reign lasted and how devistating a fighter he was. We are going to witness the new p4p king get crowned champion and theres nothing Jones can do to stop him. Im willing to commit e suicide if im wrong.

Toodalooo muthafucka.... Jones ia getting a five round ass whoopin via cormier via whatever the fuck he wants. Bet the house
Dude.

Jones' resume is the best there is, DC's doesn't even come close

GBcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:30 PM   #55
Ippy

Also I dare someone else to put that Fedor has BJJ skills.

His ground skills came from sambo and judo.

Ippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:32 PM   #56
MontrealMauler

Gold Belt

They don't call him the Black Fedor for nothing.

I also find them extremely similar, which is odd because Fedor's style is so unique. I would like to see someone ask Cormier if he studied Fedor while developping his MMA game.

And that will be his downfall vs Jones. Fedor is/was a giant killer. He had a style that excelled vs bigger men because they were slower and I think DC benefited from that in his run at HW. However when they face someone fast, they struggle more and I think DC will struggle with the combination of both speed and length with Jones.