Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #31
Kneeuinthenutz

Gold Belt

vCash: 500
A number of fighters past and present have surpassed Anderson's level of dominance. But very few have matched or surpassed his winning streak. Obviously nobody in UFC history.

Anderson isn't exactly dominant. Which I've pointed out many times. He sure as fuck seems to know how to win though.

Kneeuinthenutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #32
Dart Feld

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnslayer View Post
Penn was in running for GOAT at that time, had been a WW champ, and a monster, and a motherfucking champ at LW. To compare him to the likes of Chael or Vitor who was still working his way back up diminishes everything Penn did. Way to go full retard.

Sherk was a contender at WW. Neither of them were fighting for the belt. dumb as fuck to mention and not even remotely similar.

Matt Serra was already at WW and won the #1 contender spot, which neither Vitor nor Chael did. Again dumb as fuck.

Rescind your post retard. Actual size is meaningless, Jones got 2 gimme title defenses that unless you bought the hype train should never have been fucking sanctioned.

Give GSP or Andy some of that shit and see how far it fucking flies or how accepting people will be. Shit let's get Aldo vs Micheal McDonald because that's a fucking legit W for Aldo right?

And no i'm not a Jones hater, easily LHW #1 for a long time. But you quoted my sarcasm with some fucking stupid response that was wrong as fuck. WTG.
Whoa, wait a minute. So you mean arbitrary weight class labels means less than what the run the fighters were on and their skill at the time? That would be the reasonable way to go about looking at it.

That kinda contradicts some of what you're saying.

I like how you prop up Serra btw. He really earned it by beating Lytle at the time. It's not like the title shot was given for winning TUF: Comebacks and Lytle wasn't a contender himself at the time either.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #33
ironfist05

Brown Belt

Quote:
Wow really??

All these posts and NO ONE mentioned Dominick Cruz???

Are you guys for real? Dominick is ALREADY at GSP's level of dominance, for christ sakes watch his fights. I don't care if he is injured right now. He even has the same background story as GSP: Submitted by the champ and then beat him in the rematch.

His nickname is the DOMINATOR. 19-1 Record. Lots of 50-45s. Seems to have better striking than the "so called" strikers in his division, seems to have better wrestling than the so called "wrestlers" of his division. Can't be touched that much and mixes up the game amizingly

As of right now he is the definition of dominance. He is taller than most of his division and barely gets put in dangerous situations in his fight, seems to dominate them much.
I actually mentioned him, but agreed

it shocks me that people are already saying Barao without him even fight Cruz (a fight that I think Cruz will win too)

MM #1 P4P

all props to oliAGKmar, Saffiedine was no match for Rory
ironfist05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #34
Str8CashHomie

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
Wow really??

All these posts and NO ONE mentioned Dominick Cruz???

Are you guys for real? Dominick is ALREADY at GSP's level of dominance, for christ sakes watch his fights. I don't care if he is injured right now. He even has the same background story as GSP: Submitted by the champ and then beat him in the rematch.

His nickname is the DOMINATOR. 19-1 Record. Lots of 50-45s. Seems to have better striking than the "so called" strikers in his division, seems to have better wrestling than the so called "wrestlers" of his division. Can't be touched that much and mixes up the game amizingly

As of right now he is the definition of dominance. He is taller than most of his division and barely gets put in dangerous situations in his fight, seems to dominate them much.
Right now he's the definition of poor physical health. I'm not denying the potential dominance of Cruz, but he's had some serious troubles with his knee (on a totally different level from GSP's) and has a lot to prove when he comes back, if at all.

WW: Fitch, GSP, Condit
LW: Nurmagomedov, Melendez
FW: McGregor
Str8CashHomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:40 PM   #35
krelianx

Red Belt

Jones is already in that race.