Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:55 PM   #31
PD4838

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crylo View Post
Keep marginalizing it and telling yourselves whatever it takes to help you feel better about those brutal losses.

Fact is, he got brutally finished twice, and at this stage of the game, I feel it's in his best interest to retire.
why do you downplay how many fight fans see it? ....I agree with many of them...and you watch too much Bloodsport and don't look at reality. Wediman won the first fight and whether AS clowned or not ....I will give Wediman credit for fight #1. Fight #2 proved nothing to me, nothing to increase Weidman's stock. Just my 2 cents.

Old 05-18-2014, 01:36 AM   #32
Crylo

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PD4838 View Post
why do you downplay how many fight fans see it? ....I agree with many of them...and you watch too much Bloodsport and don't look at reality. Wediman won the first fight and whether AS clowned or not ....I will give Wediman credit for fight #1. Fight #2 proved nothing to me, nothing to increase Weidman's stock. Just my 2 cents.
It's very simple to understand.

Had Weidman NOT checked Anderson's leg kick, Anderson's leg would not have broken. The kick would have hit Weidman's leg and hurt Weidman. It was because of something Weidman decided to do to defend himself and punish Anderson for throwing leg kicks that caused Anderson's leg to break.

Weidman attempted to not just block the kick, but also hurt Anderson in the process with that kick check (that's their purpose), and Anderson's leg broke as a result of that tactical decision Weidman made. It is a finish because of something Weidman chose to do, just like when a fighter chooses to throw a punch at a fighter's head and that fighter happens to get knocked out.

That is reality. Welcome to it.

Last edited by Crylo; 05-18-2014 at 02:16 AM.
Crylo is offline   Reply With Quote