Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:56 PM   #1
Arkridge
Git Rekt

vCash: 435
Predict The Main Event For UFC on FOX 13 in Phoenix.

Since the rumored Cub Swanson vs. Frankie Edgar fight is a no go, debunked by Cub Swanson himself on twitter, who do you think will main event the fight card for the end of the year? Machida has made it clear in interviews he wants to fight Luke Rockhold when he returns but I think that fight makes more sense on UFC 179 or headlining a Brazil Fight Night card.

I think Rumble Johnson is an option. Alistair Overeem (if he beats Rothwell) could take on the winner of JDS/Stipe as a headliner? I wouldn't be opposed to TJ Dillashaw defending his title again after he beats Barao for the second time. We've also got Hector Lombard looking to make his return. Bendo is possible for the card, he's an AZ native and I'm sure is going to make a push to be on it.

So what matchup are you guys predicting for the Main Event, and hell, the entire 4 fight main card in general?

Old 08-04-2014, 12:58 PM   #2
Fight To Win

Brown Belt

vCash: 363
Bendo vs. Cerrone 3 as a number one contender fight if Bendo beats RDA would be very interesting but Cerrone will need a fight in between I think (don't believe the Alvarez rumors personally, they'd be promoting the shit out of it already.)

Nick Diaz: Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.
Fight To Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:59 PM   #3
CC27

Silver Belt

vCash: 500
WHo knows, they could go JDS/Stipe if it doesnt happen in Nov, they could go Frankie/Cub, they could go Hendricks/Lawler and do a big title fight.

Eddie/Cowboy or Eddie/Bendo if they sign Eddie and he doesnt end up on 178. MM could turn around if he wins in a few weeks and fight FUn Size/Formiga winner.

McGregor could beat Dustin at 178 and turn around to fight someone like Cub or edgar on Fox in Dec.

Survived Tachi Palace 10 "Let The Stream Fail"
CC27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:01 PM   #4
MANIAC123
YOLO SWAG

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC27 View Post
WHo knows, they could go JDS/Stipe if it doesnt happen in Nov, they could go Frankie/Cub, they could go Hendricks/Lawler and do a big title fight.
Lawler vs Hendricks will most likely headline UFC 182.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:03 PM   #5
Spinjira

Green Belt

Machida/Rockhold? I don't know.

Spinjira is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:03 PM   #6
Ghostrider

Orange Belt

Nate Diaz and Cerrone (unless he is on medical suspension), Thomson or Henderson.
Nate will be training because his brother is getting ready for a fight too. He will be ready to come back.

Ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:04 PM   #7
Arkridge
Git Rekt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC27 View Post

Eddie/Cowboy or Eddie/Bendo if they sign Eddie and he doesnt end up on 178. MM could turn around if he wins in a few weeks and fight FUn Size/Formiga winner.

McGregor could beat Dustin at 178 and turn around to fight someone like Cub or edgar on Fox in Dec.
The only title fights that the UFC usually puts on FOX are lower weight class ones so I doubt Hendricks/Lawler is free. I think Bendo fights Myles Jury after each of them beat RDA and Gomi, and I don't think that's headliner quality, but hey. You never know.

Also, do you think the UFC would really use Eddie Alvarez as a headliner in his first fight in the Octagon? Or put him on a few main cards first to get him some exposure?

Old 08-04-2014, 01:05 PM   #8
SimonNova
The Eye

Since Cub is waiting for a titleshot, maybe KZ vs Edgar.
Rumble vs winner of Bader vs OSP.

SimonNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:19 PM   #9
Arkridge
Git Rekt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonNova View Post
Since Cub is waiting for a titleshot, maybe KZ vs Edgar.
Rumble vs winner of Bader vs OSP.
Rumble vs Bader/OSP makes sense but can it headline big FOX? Eh, probably. I want KZ to fight Bermudez though.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:33 PM   #10
Nihongi

Purple Belt

I would be down for Rumble Johnson vs Bader/OSP winner or Bendo vs Nurmagemedov.

Nihongi is online now   Reply With Quote