Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > General Discussion > Mayberry Lounge

Mayberry Lounge Light-hearted humor and intelligent discussion only. No flaming.

Old 12-24-2013, 07:18 AM   #61
Xplosives

Green Belt

vCash: 500
That was a brutal ice storm.

Xplosives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:01 AM   #62
LazyFatass
Hey look! It's an inanimate carbon rod!

Got power back 24 hours later but the grids surrounding us are still off. There is major tree damage in Etobicoke and a lot of tree limbs are hanging precariously over some live power lines. A few transformers blew last night, so the damage is still happening.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #63
therealdope

Silver Belt

vCash: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyz View Post
Did any of my fellow Torontonians on here get their power back after that horrific Ice Storm that we had over the weekend?

In case everybody else didn't know. Over 300,000 houses in the Greater Toronto area lost power and electricity on Friday night/Saturday morning because of the strong winds and the major Freezing rain/icestorm that we had poured onto the city in that time.

Luckily for me. The wife and I live in Pickering (which is about a 10-15 minute drive from Toronto) and we only lost power for about 3-4 hours on Saturday morning because I am pretty sure our power line is connected to the Pickering town Center mall, so, we got it back pretty quickly.

But alot of My friends that live in Toronto are apparently still without power. Still about 100,000 total.

Hopefully everyone is doing alright, especially since it's so close to Christmas and the fact that it's about minus 20 with the windchill right now outside. So it's not a good night to not have electricity.

If you don't have power, hopefully you are at a family member/close friend's house that does.

Be safe everyone!!!
LOL. 10-15mins. you can't even drive to Scarberia in 10mins never mind Toronto.

NCAAFB, Supporting top academic programs: Stanford, Northwestern, Rice, Vanderbilt
therealdope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #64
therealdope

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirByArmbar View Post
LOL

Hamilton > Toronto

We got zero of the bad weather conditions that you guys got
Ya but you have to live in Hamilton.

NCAAFB, Supporting top academic programs: Stanford, Northwestern, Rice, Vanderbilt
Old 12-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #65
therealdope

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Rome View Post

FYI, I'm from Ancaster, city of Hamilton, ON

Toronto, FU
It's funny how people hate major cities that are better than the shit hole they live in themselves.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Though there are much worse places than Ancaster.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:12 AM   #66
LazyFatass
Hey look! It's an inanimate carbon rod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdope View Post
LOL. 10-15mins. you can't even drive to Scarberia in 10mins never mind Toronto.
Well, unless you consider Scarborough part of Toronto, and you can totally do it if you're talking about the far-west end of Pickering to the far-east end of Toronto. You sure as hell aren't getting from Brock and Rossland to Yonge and Eglinton in 15 minutes though.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:59 AM   #67
Seano
Hands of bone

vCash: 555
I'm not sure why you Canadians are claiming this storm as your own but then thats what you do with anything close to your border isn't it?

HA-KAH!

Old 12-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #68
Seano
Hands of bone

vCash: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyFatass View Post
Got power back 24 hours later but the grids surrounding us are still off. There is major tree damage in Etobicoke and a lot of tree limbs are hanging precariously over some live power lines. A few transformers blew last night, so the damage is still happening.
We lost our power last night just as the storm was winding down. I thought we were going to make it. Sucks losing it so late, we'll be one of the last getting our power back. I'll be surprised if we have power before this weekend.

Old 12-24-2013, 11:02 AM   #69
sangreporsangre

Brown Belt

Still no power at my place in Scarborough. Staying at a friends house for now. Was hoping to have my kids over to my place on Christmas, but that might not happen. I have a pit bull, so I've had a lot of people offer to let me crash at their place, but not my dog. So its been a little rough, but whatever. I can't imagine how bad it was in that ice storm in 98

sangreporsangre is online now   Reply With Quote