Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2014, 10:34 AM   #171
rondog6669

Brown Belt
 
rondog6669's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Panzer Kaserne, GE or Iraq/Afgn
Posts: 2,901
vCash: 500
1. Jones-Gustafsson
2. Alvarez-Chandler
3. Hunt-Silva
4. Waterson-Penne what card was this fight on?
5. Johnson-Dodson

__________________
UFC: 1, 2, 6, UU, 33, 40, 48, 51, TUF 1, 52, 54, 57, 62, 67, 71, 79, TUF 7, 92, UFN 18, 100, 107, 116, 135, 141, 146, 150 PRIDE: 32, 33, STRIKEFORCE:NASHVILLE, FEDOR/ROGERS AFFLICTION:1 & 2
rondog6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:36 AM   #172
DetachedOrchid

Green Belt
 
DetachedOrchid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,405
vCash: 686
yeah sanchez should get punching bag of the year.

__________________
HW: MIR
LHW: RUA
MW: WEIDMAN
WW: LOMBARD
LW: PETTIS
FW: PENN
DetachedOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:40 AM   #173
SowingSeason
...is a boss azz bish.
 
SowingSeason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: My heart is in Alaska.
Posts: 13,644
vCash: 133496
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey919 View Post
Gil owned him for 2 and a half rounds, it was a one sided beatdown for 12 and a half minutes. they made the right decision
Accurate.

__________________
Never worry what other people think of you, because no one ever thinks of you.

R.I.P. Conrad
SowingSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:41 AM   #174
SowingSeason
...is a boss azz bish.
 
SowingSeason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: My heart is in Alaska.
Posts: 13,644
vCash: 133496
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondog6669 View Post
1. Jones-Gustafsson
2. Alvarez-Chandler
3. Hunt-Silva
4. Waterson-Penne what card was this fight on?
5. Johnson-Dodson
Invicta FC 5.

__________________
Never worry what other people think of you, because no one ever thinks of you.

R.I.P. Conrad
SowingSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:00 AM   #175
onvoqc

Green Belt
 
onvoqc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: France
Posts: 1,097
vCash: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saman M View Post
What's with leaving Melendez-Sanchez off the list? It was IMO the #1, yet it didn't even make Sherdog's top 5. Here is the order of the top 5 FOY according to Tristen Critchfield:

1. Jones-Gustafsson
2. Alvarez-Chandler
3. Hunt-Silva
4. Waterson-Penne
5. Johnson-Dodson

Sherdog has become a caricature of itself.
As Luke thomas said , If you think Melendes-Sanchez was FOTY , you have a terrible taste in MMA.

onvoqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:07 AM   #176
Scoop

Brown Belt
 
Scoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,615
vCash: 500
Because Melendez-Sanchez was a one-sided beatdown. The fights nominated I think were all close?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozwell View Post
Gil/Sanchez is the most overrated fight in history. Sanchez's entire offense for two and a half rounds was mean mugging and windmilling, and his entire defense was blocking punches with his face.
I must admit this sounds like a great fight If only Sanchez got knocked out after that 2 rounds.

__________________
Favorite fighters: Bob Sapp
Scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:10 AM   #177
capnlarge

Black Belt
 
capnlarge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJPenn2012 View Post
The only reason Alex and Jones is number one is because everyone thought Jones was going to smash him. And he made it competitive. The fight itself was good, but certainly not great.
I disagree entirely. It was a fight for arguably the UFC's most prestigious title and both men came out of 5 rounds looking like they were fed through a wood chipper. A competitive title fight is the pinnacle of MMA.

capnlarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:21 AM   #178
Ippy
 
Ippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ___
Posts: 7,247
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Charles View Post
Meh it was overrated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey919 View Post
Gil owned him for 2 and a half rounds, it was a one sided beatdown for 12 and a half minutes. they made the right decision
Quote:
Originally Posted by cevo View Post
Beacuse Melendez was kicking Sanchez ass for the entire fight minus that big punch.

How could you POSSIBLY put that head of Jones/Alex or Alvarez/Chandler?

Ippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:29 AM   #179
Zanmato

Brown Belt
 
Zanmato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 3,588
vCash: 50
it was entertaining, fast-paced... however, sanchez really only gave the illusion of effectiveness... it was heavily one sided

__________________
...what does anyone want but to feel a little more free?
Zanmato is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Latest Threads



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 AM.

Sherdog.com Forum Rules Clear Cookies Social Groups Lost Password
Contact Us - Sherdog Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices

Skin made by Alex. © iStyles.uni.cc Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
forums.sherdog.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.
monitoring_string = "fd5733925866a04e50edd70f38dfaa35"
monitoring_string = "603ac9fff68f23709f2a42bf5e29272b"