Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-05-2014, 04:37 PM   #21
HIMBOB

Gold Belt

vCash: 29000
Good work TS, I had been wondering for ages who it was that did that post fight celebration (its something I do to). Nice KO, right hook to right head kick, damn hard to get any kind of power in that.

Whittaker should be interesting, great striker but a little uneasy on the ground, much like you guys are saying about this guy. Looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRodentia View Post
What an absurdly long signature.
I actually read it too, boring as shit.

I see worse comments daily.

Never forget the freedom fry!!!
HIMBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:46 PM   #22
theycallitMurda
Out in the streets...

vCash: 7950
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamboKing View Post
There was a guy who fought on one of the UFC Fight Nights, or public televised prelims for a card. He fought at 155-170, white, had a Karate type style sort of like Machida I guess, and won his bout by vicious head kick. It was a weird head kick too, not the typical thai style, but kind of a sweeping karate kick with upward motion, but he completely destroyed the guy with it.

For the life of me I can't remember his name, anyone remember a white Karate guy getting a vicious head kick KO win in the past 12-24 months?
Hey TS, how'd you manage to get a signature that long?

Old 02-05-2014, 05:06 PM   #23
SamboKing

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallitMurda View Post
Hey TS, how'd you manage to get a signature that long?
I've been registered since 2003, back then you could even have pictures in your signature.

I just don't post often as I did back in 2003, got kids, a wife, and a business now.

1. Venom_IL: first of all, vitor's win (against Silva) was due to a headbutt (used in a debate about why Belfort doesn't punch well)

2. BlackBeltNow: "i go to berkleey,and i go thru the day KNOWINg i can hand everyone down." (bragging about how he can beat up skinny asian kids)

3. (new) Ready 2 Rumble: "Its not so hard...jumping from dick to dick."

4. Dion: "there were no strikes on the ground" (Dion talking about Rickson vs. Funaki, a fight he obviously had not seen)

5. (new) black-jack-shalack: Wrong. ROyce wanted NHB rules not grappling. Yoshida wanted full grappling. The compromise was the rules similar to the Helio match.

Royce Gracie: Actually, I was just talking with the promoters about that. This year will be the 50th anniversary that my father, Helio, and Kimura had their Jiu-Jitsu match. I asked the promoters how it would be if we had the same rules as my father and Kimura fought under. No striking and only grappling. My father will turn 90 years old this October and I would like to fight under those rules as a present to him.
SamboKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:11 PM   #24
Fantastic_Man

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
Such a great kick!!

Fantastic_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:22 PM   #25
Towelie by TKO
Senior Dos Equis

vCash: 50
He's an exciting fighter and is 3-1 in the UFC with the loss being a beatdown by Matt Brown. At the time, Brown hadn't gone on his win streak yet, so everybody wrote Thompson off.

No, making a thread to point out Dana White's latest lie or self-contradiction is not going to hurt Zuffa. In fact, you're playing right into their hands.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΙΑ
Towelie by TKO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:40 PM   #26
GSP_37

Black Belt

vCash: 1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamboKing View Post
Booyah! Thanks my man. You got a good memory. That guys got a generic ass name, I would never have guessed it.
Wonderboy like Wonder Bread is a memorable name. There was mention of him training w/GSP, so that's why I paid attention.

GSP_37 is offline   Reply With Quote