Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:52 AM   #471
TUF1

Yellow Belt

vCash: 500
White telling white lies... nothing new here.

TUF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:57 AM   #472
mfgillia

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneepocalypse View Post
i had an experience very similar to this one...

on one occasion a guy upped the intensity to a level that was still quite reasonable while sparring against her, and, her being her, she got caught in an armbar and refused to tap. the guy didn't crank it or anything but she wound up tweaking her elbow. nothing serious, but she immediately ran crying to the instructor saying that the dude had roughed her up and shit. it was pretty pathetic to watch.
Its safe to say your speculation did not happen. Somehow or another Pena did get seriously hurt.

Whether it was a legitimate, freak accident, too much force from a training partner or some sort of clowning around in the gym - who knows..

mfgillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:50 PM   #473
K1OlySbWrestler
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cevo View Post
Never go full Dana.
Yikes! Dana, ought to know better. I appreciate and love his disclosure of things and his attitude, as oppose to practically every other CEO who is tight lip and would not discuss 10% of what Dana does.

Also, I appreciate him taking her word, but I'm sure he could of at least visited and or asked some hired help to investigate ie talk to the person she claimed did this to her and the gym people who were around- again gym footage if any would be invaluable.. with audio a plus.

I feel so much for her and the innumerable injuries she's occurred and the mental, as well as physical work she will have to do in order to just be normal again- more so get into the superior MMA condition fitness that's required for her to compete and be one of the best in FMMA again.

K1OlySbWrestler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:59 PM   #474
SanShou01

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneepocalypse View Post
i had an experience very similar to this one.

nothing serious, but she immediately ran crying to the instructor saying that the dude had roughed her up and shit. it was pretty pathetic to watch.
Yup, there are chicks that will seek out new male White belts (1-2 months training) to whoop on. They enjoy dominating and submitting these easy pickings.

SanShou01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:04 PM   #475
SanShou01

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilchasRuin View Post
You in love with Dana or something bro?
You love Chielsa or something bro? UJustGotChaeld made an excellent point about how Dana didn't believe Pena 100% but quoted what Pena told him. And he qualified it by stating that the truth is SOMEWHERE IN THE MIDDLE.

SanShou01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:22 PM   #476
voxom

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanShou01 View Post
You love Chielsa or something bro? UJustGotChaeld made an excellent point about how Dana didn't believe Pena 100% but quoted what Pena told him. And he qualified it by stating that the truth is SOMEWHERE IN THE MIDDLE.
i think dana originally tweeted the story of pena being attacked making it seem like fact. then after the other people came out and said that's not what happened THEN dana said he doesn't fully believe pena and the truth is somewhere in the beginning.

but initially he made it seem like the facts were that pena was being bullied, then she got attacked.

voxom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:54 PM   #477
TNT-Kid

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
No, I'd call the cops/hr...Me confronting the alleged wouldn't solve anything...

If I was Dana, I would have told Pena to get a lawyer before saying anything public...it's a tricky issue because it's not a UFC issue...he doesn't have the power to do anything...even if he went to confront the alleged, the guy owes Dana no answers...Dana isn't a cop...
then you would make a pussy husband lol.

"Tyson is what, 55 years old? he cant teach him (Hendricks) anything.. boxing is different" - UFC 2012
TNT-Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:00 PM   #478
TNT-Kid

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGenius View Post
All this goes back to my original point...

Why do you believe chiesa, who wasnt there, sicilia, who wasnt there or the coach, who wasnt there, more than dana, who wasnt there, or Pena who was there and told Dana her take on what happened?

The reality is that we all need to hear from Julianna and/or the dude that was directly involved. But since Dom Cruz named has been mentioned let me mentioned this point that seems obvious to me but others might not find it so...

When Dominick Cruz was injured the story was "Dom was injured in training for his fight vs whoever"

How come nobody has said Julianna Pena was injured in a training accident!??? Not one news source has classified the injury as such. Makes me wonder for sure.
Well the bleacher report says, she was sparring with a 135 pounder, and he took her back. She tried to do some sort of switch and that's when she injured herself. Of course the person who said this wasn't there either and only heard from word of mouth.

"Tyson is what, 55 years old? he cant teach him (Hendricks) anything.. boxing is different" - UFC 2012
TNT-Kid is offline   Reply With Quote