Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-26-2014, 03:18 PM   #71
Durruti

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayweary View Post
Robbie Lawler is number fucking 1 behind the champion. Beating him will obviously justify getting contender spot! It's the next best thing from beating the actual champion and people have been touting Brown as a possible contender for a couple of fights now. You seem to be saying that Brown doesn't deserve to be in the cage with Lawler but it's not like the odds are that bad, according to bookies. The odds have been much worse for actual title fights on numerous occasions.
Im just saying that before fighting the number fucking 1 behind the champion you should have beat at least one top 10-15 fighter in the world. Just this

Durruti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:21 PM   #72
Fergelmince

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durruti View Post
It's a joke to get a nš1 contender fight without ever beat a top 15 fighter in the world
What was Silva ranked before Brown finished him?

Fergelmince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:21 PM   #73
CountOfSoCal

Purple Belt

vCash: 1463
Quote:
Im just saying that before fighting the number fucking 1 behind the champion you should have beat at least one top 10-15 fighter in the world. Just this
You have a case to face a top guy with a 7 fight win streak. Pyle and Silva were both top 15 when Brown beat them.

Old 07-26-2014, 03:23 PM   #74
Wayweary

Brown Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
He's beaten top 15 guys from what I understand.

Wayweary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:32 PM   #75
Durruti

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountOfSoCal View Post
You have a case to face a top guy with a 7 fight win streak. Pyle and Silva were both top 15 when Brown beat them.
They were? Who they beat to get the spot?
The point is he should have already fought a top ten fighter with that winning streak. But he didn't, because UFC prefers to feed him the Silvas of the world to entertain the casuals...

Not bashing on Brown, I just think he should/deserved have fought a top ten fighter before fight the n1 contender.

Durruti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:34 PM   #76
rjmbrd

Black Belt

He definitely hasn't proven himself against meaningful opponents but this is his shot. Beating Robbie would justify him as a #1 contender.

It's hard to blame the guy because he was booked with Carlos Condit and the bout fell apart from injury. He's been looking for a big fight, he just didn't get any.

rjmbrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:37 PM   #77
Kenji Tomiki

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by aker2703 View Post
show me in any of my posts where i was thinking this was about a title shot.

I said 7 wins and then beats lawler he definitely deserves a title shot.

so STFU clown.
That's what I said... Stupidest sherdoger I had an argument with.. Not even close.

Kenji Tomiki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:50 PM   #78
Wayweary

Brown Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
They were? Who they beat to get the spot?
The point is he should have already fought a top ten fighter with that winning streak. But he didn't, because UFC prefers to feed him the Silvas of the world to entertain the casuals...

Not bashing on Brown, I just think he should/deserved have fought a top ten fighter before fight the n1 contender.
Right now, according to the promo and the UFC website, Brown is ranked 5 currently... If rankings are so important to you, he obviously deserves to fight in a contender fight on that basis alone. You don't have to beat guys above you to move up the rankings, especially if you are finishing people left and right. Brown has been getting stoppages, so there is that as well.

Wayweary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:50 PM   #79
nintey

Purple Belt