Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Old 12-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #371
rubberneck41

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
Where is jay glazer when you need him? He only seems to be around when you don't want him.

rubberneck41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #372
JaPo

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinvR View Post
dude, punching power changes, but the amount of power you need to KO someone doesnt change with weight. if Flyweights can KO flyweights they can KO heavyweights,chin doesnt improve with size. Punching power does.

BTW, you wont laugh if DJ,Benavidez,Lineker,Dodson, or in fact, any of the UFC flyweights would punch you.
That's incorrect. Although chin strength increases at a proportionally lesse rate than punch strength through the weights.

Old 12-25-2013, 05:56 PM   #373
JustinvR

Purple Belt

vCash: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPo View Post
That's incorrect. Although chin strength increases at a proportionally lesse rate than punch strength through the weights.
and how does chin strength improve by being heavier?

Old 12-25-2013, 06:06 PM   #374
Belmont Bomber

Yellow Belt

Hoyce via any way he wants

Belmont Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #375
Momentosis
King

vCash: 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson Ettish View Post
Just outdated information I guess. He's listed at 170lbs on Sherdog now.
So you're using Fight Finder to assess things.

Old 12-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #376
Barbadosdaluta

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Kwon Do View Post
By football, do you mean the real version, the American one?

If so, you really picked the runt of the pack when you went with a 200 pounder, lol. Let's talk about the normal-sized football players, you know, the 6'5" 290 pounders who can outsprint anyone in the UFC.
I'm new here so I don't know I'd you're trolling but I can assume you are by your name. Just In case you are, American hand egg came after the real "Foot" "Ball" I'm American and I know this -_- and I doubt most of these NFL players could out sprint most mma fighters considering the American hand egg players are either fat as fuck or really heavy and buff, only the running backs would smoke them, but I'm positive in a long distance run the mma fighters would smoke the football players. But then what's the point of these comparisons? A triathlete would beat both at running and a football player will beat both at playing football and an mma fighter would beat both at... OHHH no, I forgot, common sense does not apply to Sherdog, I thought the age of size always win was disproven in UFC 1? Maybe if you train the Football player to be a fighter he might do good. If he can grasp the fight game, if he can develop the ability to take a hit, if he has a good chin, an intelligent gameplan. People believe that fighting is all physical. It's like no one here has seen Fedor, Bj Penn, Anderson Silva, and many more fighters implement gameplans that require intellegince and unteachanle grit to work. Last time I checked wasn't there like a video of like 155 roger Huerta knocking out a huge football player with one punch? Just one? Imagine what someone like Cain or Dos Santos would do to your average football player? Tsk tsk I'm proud to be American but I'll admit we have some serious idiots in this country.

Barbadosdaluta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:27 PM   #377
Freddy Mercury

Green Belt

The answer is the MMA fighter.

I know because I am a 5' 4" MMA fighter and just kicked the shit out of two 200lb NFL players in quick succession. First one I used a flying knee, turned it into an arm bar and tapped the sap before he could say "Please God, for the love of christmas, get this munchkin off me!"

The other was prepared for my holiday knees so I feinted right, hit him with a left hook which opened a 2 inch gash on his forehead. He had the deer in the headlights look in his eyes then and I just went bat shit crazy on his ass when I saw that. Three O lineman pulled me off just in time from me finishing him forever but not before I gouged out one of the lineman's larynx.

They were bigger and athletic but that is nothing more than breakfast for me and all other MMA fighters.

Any more questions?

Last edited by Freddy Mercury; 12-25-2013 at 11:38 PM.
Freddy Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote