Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 12-07-2013, 05:38 AM   #11
scorpiorising

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
Yeah a lot of people dont remember some of the dark days. Seems to have turned it around

scorpiorising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:43 AM   #12
Dave Kitson 209

Orange Belt

Mark hunt is everything every man wishes he was. Simple

Dave Kitson 209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:03 AM   #13
Turninkoff

Yellow Belt

I remember when I started to watch MMA that I thought Timmay was a clown that I could trounce as I was bigger and I figured stronger and in just as good of condition if only a few inches shorter. Then I saw Pride. Crocop was kicking peoples' heads off and he wasn't even the best. I started watching whatever free combat sports came in my TV and I finally saw Hunt in K1. Instant fan, and he had shook off the fear-inspiring Crocop head kicks like a horse shakes a fly off. He's got something about him because he shouldn't win if you're looking at him like someone who doesn't know who he is. I was excited for his entry to Pride and even went out if my way to buy the PPV when he fought Fedor. I loved the last emperor but I was all Hunt that night as he landed on top and went for the arm lock. In the time between the end if Pride and his arrival in the UFC I watched old HL vids and hoped he'd stage a comeback. The Manhoef fight was devastating. I was pissed at how Dana talked about him and thought for sure he was done after McCorkle. But you can't count that man out. He's still got whatever made me a fan in the first place and it's not the physical gifts that today are not what they once were. But he's a fighter to the core. I'll always be a fan.

Turninkoff is offline   Reply With Quote