Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:03 PM   #41
valkyrieX

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindingANARCHY View Post
Oh no Edgar is way easier to knock down because he actually has the balls to stand with anybody. No shame in that. His fight with Maynard & Aldo can shut up hater that says he doesn't have a chin or heart. He's the only fighter in the UFC that gets better the more you beat the shit out of him. Unreal.
Which is what I meant by my original post. Frankie's easier to knock down because of fighting style, not quality of chin.
I think we're on the same page now

valkyrieX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #42
snizzar

Green Belt

Hard to say cause he does an excellent job of not getting hit. From the few times he has gotten hit I would say it's average to a little above average meaning about 6-7 bispings.

The Condit headkick was set up on a nice angle so he didn't see it coming, but IMO it definitely didn't have much power on it as he was slightly off balance from the set up combination beforehand so I wouldn't justify surviving that means GSP has a Hendo like chin.

And to the guy saying GSP has a better chin than Silva, LOL.

snizzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #43
yuba84

Green Belt

It's ok, but nothing compared to Condit's. Hendricks shall be the new champion.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #44
fulanoow

Orange Belt

Johny will put GSP into another dimension with a falcon punch

fulanoow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #45
CriticalHit

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkshake View Post
GSP has the weakest chin of any champion. Any significant strike will rock him. See the Serra and Condit fights. Also, he managed to get rocked by Jake Shields.

All it takes is one tap from Hendrix fist to GSP's jaw to put him out for the rest of the night. It's gonna be a tough one for GSP to lay on Hendrix for 5 rounds without getting touched.
Go watch his fights again. He has taken hard shots and been totally unphased.

Against Serra he got hit behind the ear... that knocks most people down. It messes up your equilibrium... then he just got followed up on.

Condit just knocked him down. He recovered. lol.

GSP chin is fine.

CriticalHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #46
no fat chicks

vCash: 496
its decent id say. Hard to tell since he doesn't get hit too much but hes proven it to be good enough for him to make the odd mistake

Old 09-06-2013, 07:45 PM   #47
Joonbugg

Orange Belt

I think he has a well above average chin, but it wont matter in this fight anyway. Pretty hard for Hendricks to land that big left hand from the bottom. GSP with another UD 50-45 or 49-46 easy. I would love to see Hendricks put him out cold with that left, but no way would I bet against GSP. Hasnt fought a guy yet that he couldnt take down and control.

Favorites HW-Stipe, Cain, Roy/ LHW-DC, Hendo, Gus/ MW-Rockhold, Weidman, Bisping/ WW-Diaz, Rory, Lawler/ LW-Diaz, Gil, Showtime, Cowboy/ FW-Notorious, Aldo, Lil Heathen, Zombie, Cub/BW-Cruz, Dillashaw
Joonbugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #48
Maripucci

Purple Belt

Whats more important is how quickly he recovers. If Johnny can hit him with a shot he doesn't see coming his chances would increase but he will and can take a flush shot from Hendricks. Hendricks is going to look much slower than GSP come fight night. GSP will duck under his punches and shoot on him anytime he tries to land a haymaker.

Maripucci is offline   Reply With Quote