Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-09-2014, 02:39 PM   #41
Hollywood Nicky
The Reported

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RepairManManMan View Post
Keep in mind Jones' tactic is no different than what Ali used to do.

When both fighters are mentally right, I take Cormier to win. Even in this case I still favor DC.

However, Jones meditates and keeps very calm or tries to during his fights. See the Guswfight when he is told to breathe and relaxwby Jackson in between rounds.

If Cormier lets anger take control of him, and Jones is calm and collected, we could see Jones dominate the fight. His focus can help him define crucial aspects of the match that Cormier might overlook in his own mindstate.
this.

it's all mind games from jones, and he's doing a very good job of getting in dc's head lol. i give him a LOT of credit there, he's doing a great job of pissing dc off lmao.

-LucasWithLidOff
Hollywood Nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:41 PM   #42
Yellowking

Blue Belt

Jones is going to need to play it very carefully in this fight to avoid getting physically dominated. He will need to utilize his range and patience at all times, because Cormier is going to suffocate and drain him if he gets on top. If DC has done anything which can mentally push Jones off of that gameplan, he has only increased his chances of winning.

Yellowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:44 PM   #43
Non
Burnt Face Top Team

Fighting emotionally is a double edged sword. Sometimes it leads to the fighter ditching their game plan and making poor choices like Cerrone vs Diaz.

Other times it leads to 20 people having to pull you off of your unconscious opponent like Kid vs Katsuta.

Non is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:46 PM   #44
Zeroinnes

Jones is the one acting out of character in many ways. He seems to be the one who's "gotten to".

Zeroinnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:58 PM   #45
RepairManManMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroinnes View Post
Jones is the one acting out of character in many ways. He seems to be the one who's "gotten to".
Purposely and intently acting out of character.

Look at what DC says "I can't believe you can turn it on when the cameras come on".

Jones just smiles and laughs because he knows what he is doing. This is simple body language and human interactions here.

Jon Jones: Calm, collected, eye contact maintained.

DC: Visually flustered due to hatred of Jon Jones, can't keep eye contact with Jon Jones.

The dominant actor here IS NOT someone who looks across the room while he talks. Thats a sign of being Nervous and afraid.

Not hard to figure this one out. You can tell Sherlock he can pass on this one.

Last edited by RepairManManMan; 08-09-2014 at 03:04 PM.
RepairManManMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 03:08 PM   #46
Oy

Purple Belt

I get the feeling that Jones thought he could intimidate DC to get an edge and it backfired.

DC is a friendly type of person and not imposing, but he won't let himself be punked.