Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 12-26-2013, 01:13 AM   #151
Xyiencemma

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by daweedy View Post
HAHAHA. Its very different seeing a fight on TV than actually being in one. I would pay good money to see you vs Shields in a kickboxing fight. I would bet my house that Shields knocks you out in a round if he wants to. My trainer who is an excellent boxer and a very fit 205er, visited Ceasar Gracie Acadamy, and even had the pleasure of spparing with Jake. He told me he is one of the strongest dudes he has ever faced, and would never want to face him in the ring. Jake even throws Diaz bros and Gilbert like childrens on the mat. Its very easy being critic when you are looking through slow motions and you can see fighters mistakes. I only have to say this If you think that you have any chance over a former title holder in ANY discipline you are an idiot.
So how does Shields throwing around Diaz and Gilbert as well as being strong have anything to do with the horrible striking of his that we are talking about? So Shields has good striking because he is strong and out grapples his teammates? Got it!

Xyiencemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:15 AM   #152
Xyiencemma

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangokush View Post
Sounds like the OP needs to show these professional MMA fighters how it is done.

It's threads like this that confirm that the majority of MMA "fans" are just a bunch of "HURR DURR" tapout wearing retards who in reality need to shut the fuck up and just watch the fuckin fights.

Jake Shields would KTFO any keyboard warrior on Sherdog
This does not confirm we are tapout wearing retards. You are telling me you can't watch Pat Barry and go ok his grappling is shit, ok Roy Nelson needs to work on his cardio or that would also make you a tapout wearing retard. Fans can watch fights and dissect a fighters skills without being I train UFC idiots.

Xyiencemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:26 AM   #153
iloveufc123

Brown Belt

vCash: 119
Because the other fighter also has train for years so their technique cancels out lol

Old 12-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #154
daweedy

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyiencemma View Post
So how does Shields throwing around Diaz and Gilbert as well as being strong have anything to do with the horrible striking of his that we are talking about? So Shields has good striking because he is strong and out grapples his teammates? Got it!
It doesnt. It was just a bit of insight on how good his grapling is. As far as his striking goes, dude busted gsp on the feet, who is one of the better strikers in ww. That should say it all. I will say it again its very easy being a critic when watching fights on tv, than actually being in one. I know from first hand. I am an amatuer mma fighter, and while i am working technique on a heavy bag or in sparring i look alright, but when i was in a fight, my techique looked so sloppy i hate to even watch it again. Granted i am nowhere near the same level as shields is, but nervousnes and fighting infront of a huge crowd, definitly has some effect on him, which is why he can look less then perfect. But if he would be fighting an amatuer i assure you it would be a much diiferent story. Lol at anyone here that thinks he has a chance against him on the feet

daweedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #155
Jarnee

Blue Belt

vCash: 50
Phil Davis quote " I am still learning the strikings". Yeah of course, but you have been pro mma for over 5 years.

Jarnee is offline   Reply With Quote