Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-01-2014, 03:01 PM   #51
Kelman

Green Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolskiGhost View Post
Pat Cumins will be on Submission Radio this weekend!

Let us know what questions you have for Pat, and what you want to know. Good ones will answered, funny ones...will probably be asked too and you'll be given credit. Pat's an easy going guy, so he doesn't mind a laugh.

Show will be up on Sunday in Australia, and Saturday for U.S. and will be up on stitcher, tune in, itunes and HERE

Here's some of the quotes from the last time he was on the show

Thoughts on Fighting Kyle Kingsbury
“I figured, take a day, maybe two, then get back to work. So we decided to sign this fight as quick as we could. We saw he needed an opponent, and I think it’s a great match up. He’s come off I think about a two year lag, and you know, hasn't had a fight in a while, so I’m hoping that this fight could be his retirement fight.”
“I don’t know if he’s trying to be friends or if he wants to get in a fight. Either way I'm happy to entertain either”

On learning from his Daniel Cormier fight
“The biggest thing I learned is just to keep my focus. No matter how the fights going, you have to stay in the zone or stay in the moment, because as soon as you break your concentration, that’s when you’re giving your opponent an opportunity to capitalize. You know, I felt in the first thirty to forty seconds in the fight, I felt like I was doing great and I kind of through, I remember thinking to myself at that time 'all of our game plan and everything that you’ve been doing, it’s all working right now. You’re winning, keep it up.' As soon as I had thought I realized, man my head is not into this anymore. I just lost my concentration. So I think one of the biggest lessons I learned is just stay focused, stick to your game plan, and if the gameplan isn't working, you have to be able to think on your feet.”

On if Pat believes he could still beat Cormier
“I truly believe, anytime I step into the cage with Daniel I’ll be able to beat him. And I think, you know maybe 9 times out of 10 I can beat him right. I’m just happy that I got that one loss, that one time that I could possibly lose to him, I got it out of the way. So next time there’s no chance (I'd lose to him).“

link to original interview:

Pat comes on around the 51:50 mark

A grande caramel latte with nutmeg.

Kelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:02 PM   #52
Vil7

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelman View Post
A grande caramel latte with nutmeg.
Fancy

Vil7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:03 PM   #53
gigh

White Belt

gigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:05 PM   #54
Zeta Reticuli

Green Belt

Does an iced caramel macchiato really have 2 shots in it?

Zeta Reticuli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:09 PM   #55
SterIing Archer
Banned

I agree with what Joe Rogan said about him NEEDING to finish guys like Kingsbury to legitimize himself.

SterIing Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:21 PM   #56
Tuf_guy

Purple Belt

Who wins in an MMA match, him or Tommy Rowlands (when they were heavyweight rivals in wrestling)?

Does he think his MMA wrestling would have been different if Cael Sanderson was the Penn State coach during his time there?

What major did he do in school - was it hard to find a job afterwards or did Starbucks(?) just have flexible hours to accommodate his MMA training schedule?

How does he feel about the coffee jokes - do they make him laugh or are they annoying?

"Stout is having his way with Lauzonís liver"
- Sherdog UFC 108 Play-by-Play
Tuf_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:31 PM   #57
Moopy Mac

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by IngaVovchanchyn View Post
What a bunch of assholes in this thread. So the guy works at Starbucks. Why is this a reason to belittle him? So he lost to one of the best fighters in the world. Why is this a reason to belittle him?

My question for Pat would be whether it is a challenge to regain momentum and confidence after a tough loss against Cormier or whether he was able to take the loss in stride.
Coffee shop story was so hollow.

Old 08-01-2014, 06:17 PM   #58
meast

White Belt

vCash: 200
Also... who is next for the Durkin?

meast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:13 PM   #59
Zurvan

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddleofsteel View Post
After reading this thread, this.
Don't understand the disdain for the guy, so what, he had job outside of fighting. Guy is still a very accomplished wrestler, better to bring him into the UFC now instead of waiting 3 or so years when he is 37.

Does he also train at Kings MMA or just Reign MMA? Anywhere else now that he can train full time?

Any other former Nittany Lions getting into mma?

Zurvan is offline   Reply With Quote