Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 06-11-2014, 05:48 PM   #101
Limbo Pete
Very Low Belt

vCash: 3200
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIT FIGHTER View Post
For anyone confused about the title:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ether_%28song%29
Ah.
Ok then.

AV by the great Augustus Caesar
Limbo Pete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:48 PM   #102
method115

Gold Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigconan View Post
He made the distinction of saying banned and legal. Using steroids, whether it's during competition or any other time is illegal. While the drugs chael used ARE NOT ILLEGAL. Many men use those drugs, either for fertility or to combat estrogen related side effects.

My question is this, what is chael supposed to do? They stop trt on a dime, yet they don't consider the ramifications of that action. When you stop taking testosterone, it's going to have all sorts of effects on your body. Extremely high estrogen levels, which is why the anastrozole was used. The clomid is used to coax the body into producing more test levels and get them back to normal.
Using steroids is not illegal all the time you can get a prescription for it.

Here is what Chael was supposed to do. He was supposed to drop out of the fight and let the UFC know that he can't accept any fights until he recovers from the TRT usage it's that simple. Why are you acting like he had no choice but to accept the fight while using banned substances?

method115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:54 PM   #103
Dbreiden83080

Silver Belt

vCash: 500
Chael is so good at live interviews that he fools people into thinking he's smart.. His decision making when the camera is off shows otherwise..

GSP-Good Luck Champ
Jon Jones
Bendo
Rich Franklin
Tito Ortiz
New Additions: Cat Zingano & Sara McMann
Dbreiden83080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:58 PM   #104
Shaddows

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln Hawk View Post
NSAC's public guidelines about getting licensed don't appear to set pre-fight deadlines for licensing other than making sure the fighter has a license early enough to allow for night of the fight testing. Given Chael applied early, I suspect was under a lot of pressure from the UFC and didn't have much of a choice given everything that's already happened with this fight. He said he was tested privately ahead of applying for a license and thought he was clean but NSAC / WADA tests are more sensitive than the one he used.

Clearly he failed a test and was caught using a banned substance, but I don't think its totally black and white given the TRT rules changes over the past few months. Chael would have been cleared under the old rules and probably took the required steps to get off TRT while preserving his health and ability to train - I'm sure this will be discussed at length during his hearing.

Intent is also going to be a factor in determining suspension / fines / future licensing. It may also come up in Vitor's hearing. Wanderlei, OTOH, is going to have trouble since he didn't have a previous exemption and simply refused to be tested.

I always wonder whether media coverage helps when people don't have all the details. Iole has clearly made his mind up and seems to be blasting Chael, but without all the details and input from NSAC, this is all just an opinion.
I see!
Thank you for the explanation!
I agree with you. There are many details we simply don't know in this story!

Old 06-11-2014, 06:18 PM   #105
manwich

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbreiden83080 View Post
Chael is so good at live interviews that he fools people into thinking he's smart.. His decision making when the camera is off shows otherwise..
It really is disturbing how he tries to talk his way out of pretty much anything. During that FOX interview when he would go off topic every time the interviewer brought up the fact that he took a banned substance, saying stuff like "it's legal", "it was out-of-competition", "I didn't know it was banned", "I'm trying to have a baby". He's like trying to make everyone feel bad for him and completely distract and confuse everyone from the fact that he broke the rules (for a second time).

Romans 13:12

WEC/Pride never die
manwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:06 PM   #106
J180

Purple Belt

Good job.

J180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:08 PM   #107
Tankeray
just a friend of the family

gyeah!! ether'urrrd!!! gyeah!!

Tankeray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:38 PM   #108
Tonycpa

Silver Belt

vCash: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadafi View Post
Chael has and always will be a fucking joke to the sport.
Kevin Iole for sure

59% of the fights in his entire professional career have been for a title (16 title fights out of 27 total fights).

Better than both Fedor and Andy.
Tonycpa is offline   Reply With Quote