Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-13-2014, 05:50 PM   #41
Emjay
Let's hope they're wearing their brown pants

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91 seconds View Post
Maybe but thats not really good.
The fact that you're thinking about whether it's good or not proves that it's working which is what they want.

As long as people are talking they're doing ok

Problem isnt "weak cards". Problem is the sense of entitlement to always be delivered the greatest thing ever all the time
Emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:54 PM   #42
chefdiablo

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbreakabull View Post
http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEV...jOU0zD9bEldng-

WWE chief loses $350 million in a day
Vince McMahon is no longer a billionaire after the company signed a new television deal that disappointed investors.

....uh huh...

rustling dana's wallet >
Oddly enough, some of WWE's previous investors were not too enamored with their online streaming product.

That is an important piece of the puzzle along with the TV situation. I hope the UFC does not parallel the WWE too much in their approach with the same avenues. While they are their own masters being a private company, the UFC can still make some costly mistakes along the way with Fight pass if they are not careful.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:05 PM   #43
Scamrock

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmen View Post
I would much rather have a guy like Coker running things. He allows the fighters to be the stars and is a smart and calculated business man. Dana was good in the beginning because the UFC needed a voice but he needs to shut up now. The sport would be better if the fighters were the ones in the spotlight. Coker wouldn't throw guys under the bus either. Thoughts?
I like Coker. He seems like one of the better guys in the sport. But I'm not sure he has the stones to run the UFC. You have to look past Dana's BS. If you don't watch scrums and press conferences, it isn't that tough to ignore. Sure he says some shitty things sometimes, but he is good at what he does. He is dedicated and works a tough schedule that most executives don't want to. Plus he has the stones to get shit done.

Coker had trouble getting his HWs to fight each other. He had to create a GP to get them all to fight. It's like having the lunatics running the asylum.

Scamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:10 PM   #44
aali14

Black Belt

vCash: 350
I'll go with Coker

BJ fans: GSP is a pussy!

*Penn boxes Edgar and loses*

BJ fans: Why didn't BJ take him down!?
aali14 is offline   Reply With Quote