Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Boxing Discussion

Boxing Discussion The Suite of the Sweet Science of Fisticuffs.

Old 08-23-2014, 07:58 PM   #11
Cracky

Red Belt

vCash: 500
yeah.. agreed.. but I think the fight looks a little more like CHavez vs. May in his younger years instead of looking like a man slap boxing with a preteen

Old 08-23-2014, 08:27 PM   #12
nastyleft

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracky View Post
yeah.. agreed.. but I think the fight looks a little more like CHavez vs. May in his younger years instead of looking like a man slap boxing with a preteen
I don't know, man. I thought Chavez was giving him a little trouble early until Floyd turned it up and decided to move around and get him out of there. JMM never had a chance, never even looked like he caused him trouble.

But yeah 140, early 147 Floyd was arguably a Top 10 ATG imo.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:06 PM   #13
Cracky

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastyleft View Post
I don't know, man. I thought Chavez was giving him a little trouble early until Floyd turned it up and decided to move around and get him out of there. JMM never had a chance, never even looked like he caused him trouble.

But yeah 140, early 147 Floyd was arguably a Top 10 ATG imo.
thats what I was saying.. I think JMM would have troubled a younger Mayweather in some of the same ways Chavez did. I just worded it oddly

Old 08-23-2014, 10:18 PM   #14
Reinhard

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seano View Post
Maybe. I think thats a bit of an underrated win for Floyd but that said, what a nightmare style for Juan.
You're talking about a nightmare for Marquez, what do you think he was for Gatti lol. Not only was Floyd physically superior, no way in hell a sloppy do or die warrior like Gatti was gonna come in and do anything to Floyd.

Reinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:19 PM   #15
Seano
Hands of bone

vCash: 910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
You're talking about a nightmare for Marquez, what do you think he was for Gatti lol. Not only was Floyd physically superior, no way in hell a sloppy do or die warrior like Gatti was gonna come in and do anything to Floyd.
Especially with the gameplan McGirt had come up with for Gatti. If there was ever a night when Gatti needed to be Gatti, it was that night. But he went out there and tried to box for some reason.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:21 PM   #16
Gotosleepho

Green Belt

That was just a savage beating. Arturo was entertaining and a warrior but Mayweather is in another league skill wise. That combination from the right hand to the body and to the head was just vicious. Floyd had some underrated power at the lower weights.

Gotosleepho is offline   Reply With Quote