Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-11-2014, 05:33 PM   #121
IngaVovchanchyn

Brown Belt

vCash: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheonGreyJoy View Post
Many people do not understand the 'favoritism' complaint or issue on sherdog and you seem to be making the same mistake.

No one cares if you have favorites. Even those that 'complain' about the issue have favorites. That said, favoritism by fans or the UFC should not be what dictates who gets the most title shots, or best path to a title shot, etc.

You can be a fan favorite in football but if you do not perform on the field your time on the field will be rightfully short and you will not get the big game. The guy who performs will. And that is how we want MMA to be.
Did you read the OP? Because TS was clearly stating that he in fact thought that people did mind if fans have favorites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahrenheit1221 View Post
I know as "true sports fans" we are supposed to disregard personalities and favoritism because that's too WWE but for me the personality of a fighter that I root for is a big part of it. I'm not claiming I know them personally but the bits and pieces you see in interviews and such, however genuine, is all we have to go on.
This is not about your axe to grind about title shots or whatever. This is about the idea that fans should not have favorite fighters or like or dislike fighters based on their personalities. Personally, I think that idea is bullshit.

Nothing in this world eases a man's conscience like doing the right thing with other peoples' money.
IngaVovchanchyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:41 PM   #122
Huppert

White Belt

vCash: 500
Carlos Condit - good fighter, agressive, well rounded, things that I really appreciate. But, someway, I dont like the guy. I already tried. There's something about him that I cant stand haha. Still, of course, felt bad about his injury.

Weidman - Big Spider and Machida fan here. He's talented, hard worker, seems a nice person, but I still dont take him serious, and I know that he probably will shut me up over and over again.

There are more that I dont like, but they deserve my "hate" lol.

Huppert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:39 PM   #123
Tactitus

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Cormier. At first I liked him. Very accomplished wrestler and seemed respectable. Since coming to the UFC he's come across to me as a conceited bully. His altercations with Cummings and putting his hands around Jones' neck, for instance. Threatening to spit in Jones' face, too. I cannot stand people who spit on others. Whenever he's
commentating on FOX he's always finds a way to make everything about him.

Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote