Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-10-2014, 04:19 PM   #1
broke as hell

Yellow Belt

vCash: 500
Best lower bowl seats at MGM?

Hello,

Im looking to go to UFC 178 at the mgm. The only UFC I attended (not at the mgm) I was in the nosebleeds so I have no idea what the view is like below at the mgm.

Right now Im looking at two seats, one is in section 12, which is right in the middle, in the lower bowl (first level above the floor), and the seat is higher up, the 4st last row from the top.

The other seat is in section 15, again in the lower bowl and it is beside the middle section, but the seat is at the end away from the octagon (more towards the corner). However it is on the third row, right above the fighter entrance, which is good because I want to be as close to the action as possible, but Im concerned the view of the fights might not be as good as the other seat?

I want to be as close to the acion as possible without hurting my view of the fights.

And Im not concerned with cost the tix are about the same price.

Any insight from those who have been to the mgm would be appreciated.

broke as hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:42 PM   #2
TankAbbott4Eva

Brown Belt

vCash: 870
I was about 18 rows back when I went there, had a really good view but could have been closer. I'd guess you would want to be not much closer than 10 rows back, I think to see what's happening on the ground you want to be looking down a bit, people who have sat closer might give a better idea on this.

TankAbbott4Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:46 PM   #3
Mrgoodtrips

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke as hell View Post
Hello,

Im looking to go to UFC 178 at the mgm. The only UFC I attended (not at the mgm) I was in the nosebleeds so I have no idea what the view is like below at the mgm.

Right now Im looking at two seats, one is in section 12, which is right in the middle, in the lower bowl (first level above the floor), and the seat is higher up, the 4st last row from the top.

The other seat is in section 15, again in the lower bowl and it is beside the middle section, but the seat is at the end away from the octagon (more towards the corner). However it is on the third row, right above the fighter entrance, which is good because I want to be as close to the action as possible, but Im concerned the view of the fights might not be as good as the other seat?

I want to be as close to the acion as possible without hurting my view of the fights.

And Im not concerned with cost the tix are about the same price.

Any insight from those who have been to the mgm would be appreciated.
Sounds like your seats are nearly perfect IMO. (The 12 section btw) as long as a camera man isn't in your way there u should b fine. Of course as with any seat I've sat in you'll still need to look at the teletron screens from time to time. If u go I hope u have a good time, should b pretty awesome night of fights

Mrgoodtrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:22 PM   #4
broke as hell

Yellow Belt

thanks for the feedback.

broke as hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:48 PM   #5
Diet Otsuka

Black Belt

vCash: 650
I got tickets for section 112, or 116 last night, cant remember which, but pretty much anywhere at mgm is gonna be a good seat. 112 looked like a great bet though.

Joanne Calderwood: future WSW champion
Diet Otsuka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:57 PM   #6
sandbag666

Blue Belt

Best lower bowel seats are in the women's restrooms. Men's room are next best.

sandbag666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:17 PM   #7
how high

Green Belt

MGM only has one bowl so there is no upper or lower deck. I think I had the cheapest seats for Weidman/Silva II at the MGM and they weren't bad at all.

EDIT:

I have some vids on my YT channel from the MGM:

youtube.com/howhigh52

The 168 videos from they mgm grand were from section 204 row B. I also have videos from UFC on fox 4 which was at staples center but sounds like they were similar seats to what you're getting (4 rows above fighter entrances). Being honest I don't feel like there's a bad seat at MGM. Hope my videos helped! Enjoy the fights.

how high is offline   Reply With Quote