Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-03-2014, 04:22 AM   #171
GregoriRasputin

White Belt

vCash: 500
im still not sold on forrest griffin

GregoriRasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:27 AM   #172
Zanmato

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natman2939 View Post
styles make fights.

Technically BJ Penn did better against Lyoto Machida than most top LHW's did lol (including and especially Rashad Evans---but Rashad would've beaten any version of BJ Penn like he stole something)
that's true, i was just being purposefully provocative towards him because he had an opinion that differed from mine on this fight, as agreed to in the sherdog sign-up terms and conditions

Old 08-03-2014, 04:31 AM   #173
Natman2939

Gold Belt

Location: In a small town, in a big country, on a floating oasis somewhere in the universe
vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by waters View Post
5 months till the fight, excuses already! If Diaz gets KO'd its only because he is a pot head.....your turn
excuses already? I realize you're probably just a troll considering the dubs and all but you realized anderson is literally coming back from one of the nastiest injuries the UFC has ever witnessed happening live in the cage?

Regardless of who his 1st opponent back is, the leg is going to be a factor and everyone is wondering if he's going to be the same.

There's excuses and then there's reasons. Excuses are just bullshit that shouldn't even be brought up (ie "oh I didn't have a good camp, waaah waaah") but when your leg snaps in half, that's a pretty valid reason for a potentially having a bad performance in your next fight.

PS: There's also the fact that he's turning 40...

I'm just waiting for you to say something like "then don't take the fight if you're going to make excuses" because that's the kind of retarded thing people say.

The point of anderson taking this fight is to see if he can come back from that injury. It's literally a question that can only be answered one way.

And if his performance is horrible, that will be part of the answer. You can cry all you want to about how that takes away from Diaz but it won't make it less true. Nick Diaz isn't fighting the best Anderson Silva.

That is a fact that we already know. He'll be fighting an Anderson that's 2.5 months away from turning 40 and coming back from the worst injury of his career, and two bad losses in a row.

Not saying Anderson will be fighting the best Nick Diaz of all time, because he has been out for a good while, but Nick is only 31. Minus some ring rust, it's not outrageous to say that Nick could still be in his prime.

Steve Rogers only needed 25 seconds
-Said Hendricks would lose the belt quickly before he even won it and he just did
Natman2939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:33 AM   #174
Osculater
찌팔

vCash: 539
Griffin just hating that a fighter like Diaz is better than his big dumb ass

Osculater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:37 AM   #175
Natman2939

Gold Belt

Location: In a small town, in a big country, on a floating oasis somewhere in the universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanmato View Post
that's true, i was just being purposefully provocative towards him because he had an opinion that differed from mine on this fight, as agreed to in the sherdog sign-up terms and conditions
ah, of course. the terms and conditions

Please don't let me get in the way of your responsibilities. I myself still have to say something to a white belt about not posting enough and then to a gold for posting too much, make sure to misspell fighters names, and replace as many words that start with R's with H's as I can before the day's over.

Heplace those R's. Heplace them all.

-Said Hendricks would lose the belt quickly before he even won it and he just did
Old 08-03-2014, 04:51 AM   #176
RageRoider

Blue Belt

lol you can't do worse vs Silva than Forrest did...

and Diaz have longer ring rust than Silva ,he is 20 pounds lighter fight night ,if Silva can't win this gimme ,he should retrie.

RageRoider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:09 AM   #177
Natman2939

Gold Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osculater View Post
Griffin just hating that a fighter like Diaz is better than his big dumb ass
You're using the word better very loosely, friend.

Career Summaries, Pedigrees, and Achievements:
Forrest Griffin: 19-7, UFC LHW Champion 2008, Ranked #1 at LHW 2008.
Notable wins: Rampage Jackson, Shogun Rua (both when ranked #1), Rich Franklin, Tito Ortiz x2, and Chael Sonnen, Jeff Monson, and the legendary prolific Travis Fulton

Nick Diaz: 26-9(1), Strikeforce Champion (but let's all be honest--that means nothing)
Notable wins: Penn, Gomi (not even officially a win by the way--no contest), Daley, Lawler.
Lesser wins: scott smith, sakurai, frank shamrock, Noons, marius

I mean seriously... when you look at their resumes side by side, Forrest Griffin is head and shoulders above.

Looking at what they were ranked and how high up the ladder they were when each win happened, Nick's best would've been Gomi (if not for NC) and then Penn compared to the then reigning UFC Champion Rampage Jackson...and before that the then #1 ranked LHW in the world Shogun Rua

even as far as beating guys a little past their primes, forrest's wins over rich and tito are better than nick's over penn and frank

Old 08-03-2014, 06:00 AM   #178
IsoManatee

Purple Belt

I think this is going to be a possibly epic fight.. The weigh ins and buildup will be interesting let alone what the first round will look like

Green Bay Packers!
IsoManatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:12 AM   #179
Szwok

Brown Belt

vCash: 6100
cause Silva vs Griffin made sense... Get punched in the face!