Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2014, 02:59 PM   #41
7437

Brown Belt
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocraticMethod View Post
Who decided that?
Decided not to do it? owners vote, NFLPA. It comes up every year.

7437 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:06 PM   #42
SocraticMethod

Red Belt
 
SocraticMethod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Over here now
Posts: 9,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7437 View Post
Decided not to do it? owners vote, NFLPA. It comes up every year.
Who decided more games would "water it down"? The players' association opposed adding two games to the regular season, but I don't think the concern was "watering down" the league, so much as it was the additional risk of injuries without additional compensation. The owners gave up (for the time being) on that proposal because the PA was going to fight it, not because they thought it would water down the league. As far as the additional playoff team in each conference, the article you linked seems to say that it just won't happen in time for the coming season, but that it could be in place for the 2015 season.

I'm just not seeing the comparison. But I don't mean to hijack the thread with this as it's really not on topic at this point.

__________________
You trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?
SocraticMethod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:09 PM   #43
7437

Brown Belt
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocraticMethod View Post
Who decided more games would "water it down"? The players' association opposed adding two games to the regular season, but I don't think the concern was "watering down" the league, so much as it was the additional risk of injuries without additional compensation. The owners gave up (for the time being) on that proposal because the PA was going to fight it, not because they thought it would water down the league. As far as the additional playoff team in each conference, the article you linked seems to say that it just won't happen in time for the coming season, but that it could be in place for the 2015 season.

I'm just not seeing the comparison. But I don't mean to hijack the thread with this as it's really not on topic at this point.
It was the exact words of John Mara, co owner of the Giants.

7437 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:12 PM   #44
fightdonttweet

Brown Belt
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,693
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiction1982 View Post
No they aren't. The under card is awful and the main card as one meaningful match up. Don't even get me started on the tuf card. You are well aware that it's an awful card.
Ronda is one of the UFC's biggest stars, she definitely contributes to the value of the card. Two title fights? That makes a good card.

__________________
...
fightdonttweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:19 PM   #45
SocraticMethod

Red Belt
 
SocraticMethod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Over here now
Posts: 9,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7437 View Post
It was the exact words of John Mara, co owner of the Giants.
Jesus, I don't know how I missed that.

Withdrawn.


__________________
You trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?
SocraticMethod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:27 PM   #46
dropshot001

Red Belt
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,458
vCash: 500
The best way to protest is to not buy it and not go to establishments that show the fights. If subpar cards keep big profitable the ufc will keep running the same type of product out there

__________________
For all your protein and supplement needs, look no further than truenutrition.com. Discount code DKT737 can save you 5% on all orders, 10% on bulk orders.
dropshot001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:48 PM   #47
7437

Brown Belt
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocraticMethod View Post
Jesus, I don't know how I missed that.

Withdrawn.

Keeping a quality product is very important to the NFL. They do not want it to be mundane.

7437 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:05 PM   #48
Substance Abuse
 
Substance Abuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Constellation Funk.
Posts: 70,288
vCash: 500
All everyone does is whine and whine and whine.

__________________
Always supporting:

Running Man Condit - ☑
K1 Shields and Hughes - ☑
Team Alpha Midget - ☑
Motivated Penn - ☑

Won NFL & MMA Plat Pick 'Ems!
Substance Abuse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:06 PM   #49
MP123

Yellow Belt
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightdonttweet View Post
Ronda is one of the UFC's biggest stars, she definitely contributes to the value of the card. Two title fights? That makes a good card.
2 titles fights doesn't necessarily mean a good card. UFC on Fox 11 was an amazing card and had no titles fights.

__________________
"My goal is to submit my opponent without hurting him or him hurting me" ~ Demian Maia
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Latest Threads



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.

Sherdog.com Forum Rules Clear Cookies Social Groups Lost Password
Contact Us - Sherdog Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices

Skin made by Alex. © iStyles.uni.cc Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
forums.sherdog.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.
monitoring_string = "fd5733925866a04e50edd70f38dfaa35"
monitoring_string = "603ac9fff68f23709f2a42bf5e29272b"