Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:12 AM   #101
Korbis

White Belt

vCash: 500
BTW he's obviously doing this in a Physical Therapist's office, so it's not like he's fucking around in a bedroom somewhere. After an injury like that he's going to be doing a lot work with a PT - its their job to help people recover and regain range of motion/form/function after an injury.

Edit: I'm pointing this out so people don't freak out that he's doing too much too soon or not doing enough. PT know what they are doing; they're very well educated professionals that do amazing things with their patients.

A GOOD PT is very demanding of their patient and pushes them to make progress quickly, it seems like that's important for best outcome. I worked at a facility that had an entire kitchen and the front half of a car in the PT wing, and people who had broken hips were always out there learning to get in and out of the car, people with shoulder injuries were relearning how to get things off of shelves and all that normal day to day stuff. Wasn't long after surgery, and it wasn't easy. Every day I saw people physically wanting to quit when their minds were determined not to. Huge respect to Anderson. I have no doubt that few people would be this far along in the recovery process so soon.

Last edited by Korbis; 03-11-2014 at 06:28 AM.
Korbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:25 AM   #102
Someone88

Silver Belt

vCash: 500
Thanks for posting TS, wow respect to Anderson it's nice to see him recovering so well!

Someone88 is offline   Reply With Quote