Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-30-2014, 11:43 AM   #71
afm171

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammurabi View Post
So there's been a lot of talk about Overeem's weight program and the overall progression of Alistair's conditioning program. Frankly speaking guys, I don't usually comment on these lightweight, no pun intended, threads about random pics of fighters with great physique but when I've looked around recently I've seen a lot of bro science being thrown around here, man, regarding conditioning and body composition guys.

Before I set the records straight let me just give you the quick rundown for those of you who don't follow these type of threads. Basically what people like to do is, they take everyday pictures of pro fighters and come into wild conclusions, with a worrying disregard on various factors such us the timing regarding the training camp, liquiditation levels, time of the day etc., not to mention small factors such as saturation and lighting conditions of those very photos. Guys, let's hold on to our horses just a little bit more here, okay?

Now that being said guys, let me assure you that Overeem isn't shrinking and there's absolutely no chance whatsoever, guys, of Overeem dropping down to 205. Period. Overeem's weight program is on track and come fight night, guys, he's gonna be just fine. Strong, healthy, and ready to go. I hope that has cleared the confusion. Peace.

Sounds like 'bro science' to me...

Old 08-30-2014, 11:46 AM   #72
uWot

Green Belt

Who the hell are you, his horse meat supplier?

I've heard it both ways.
uWot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:50 AM   #73
Hammurabi

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by uWot View Post
Not at all, my man. Just a passionate fan and a deep thinker when it comes to all things MMA, my man. More specifically I like to drill down on the hot button topics and mental side of things of big time MMA, but occasionally I comment on other topics such as this one in order to clear the records so to speak.

Old 08-30-2014, 11:55 AM   #74
accolyte1022
GALACTICA BELT

vCash: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by uWot View Post
That would make TS a very wealthy man.

I'm not saying that knockouts do not cause damage, but saying that they should be removed from being a determined outcome. Knocking someone out does not decide who wins a fight.
accolyte1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:59 AM   #75
Hammurabi

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by accolyte1022 View Post
That would make TS a very wealthy man.
Haha a good one! Let me just make sure that people understand that I have nothing to do with horse meat of any kind other than the fact that I like the taste of the actual meat. My wealth comes purely due to the fact that I pulled myself up by the bootstraps, put in those hard hours and made my life work on mutiple levels.