Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-08-2014, 09:22 PM   #61
DeathByBeer

Black Belt

vCash: 500
He's been disliked by alot of fans from day one...

The only thing that has changed from his early days is hes now champion and has someone who reacts more to his trash talk.

Win or lose, this will not change after the fight, no matter how it goes down.

DeathByBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:25 PM   #62
Hardkore

Brown Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loiosh View Post
Hockey is played all over the world, it already has an enormous pool. If you're saying other nations making up a billion people would increase the pool and perhaps offer some players who might eclipse Mario, then I'd say you're right, but that's not my point.

The pool for MMA in incredibly small. It's a niche sport that many consider barbaric. An athlete standing out of this pack is impressive, but it's not the same thing.

I get where you're coming from, but you're comparing a young champion in a young sport to an absolute legend from a sport with a century of history. They will be talking about Mario and his accomplishments forever, in ten years it's possible few people will even remember Jones.

Until his career is over and we see what he's accomplished, it's ludicrous to compare him to Mario. That's the thing about MMA fans, everything is right now. Everyone is a GOAT. Every fight is everything. Yesterday didn't happen and tomorrow doesn't matter.
Great post. I think both of you present your arguements well, but I agree with your opinion.

Hardkore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:29 PM   #63
Loiosh
District Commander

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xn7 View Post
beep boop beeep, my supercomputer says "no".. you're wrong, jones does indeed have more haters by ratio

Old 08-09-2014, 11:12 AM   #64
Jermei
Normal Belt

vCash: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loiosh View Post
Hockey is played all over the world, it already has an enormous pool. If you're saying other nations making up a billion people would increase the pool and perhaps offer some players who might eclipse Mario, then I'd say you're right, but that's not my point.

The pool for MMA in incredibly small. It's a niche sport that many consider barbaric. An athlete standing out of this pack is impressive, but it's not the same thing.

I get where you're coming from, but you're comparing a young champion in a young sport to an absolute legend from a sport with a century of history. They will be talking about Mario and his accomplishments forever, in ten years it's possible few people will even remember Jones.

Until his career is over and we see what he's accomplished, it's ludicrous to compare him to Mario. That's the thing about MMA fans, everything is right now. Everyone is a GOAT. Every fight is everything. Yesterday didn't happen and tomorrow doesn't matter.
Okay so it was Claude, good to know... Mario is a god.

Jermei is online now   Reply With Quote