Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-28-2014, 02:43 AM   #1
Kwic

Brown Belt

vCash: 537
A difference between AJ and e.g. Rashad etc.

Anthony doesn't mind to get hit, he isn't scared, the doesn't give a damn.
Rashad is my second favourite fighter and he has all the technique but he is just scared of getting tagged.
The last fight again Nougeira by AJ was a clear indication for me about that.
But then again, I don't think anyone can tell that Rashad's chin is as good as AJ's.
It's a bit of a shame more fighters aren't willing to just go for it.

- pre Ko'ed Anderson would be first though ;)

Favs: A. Silva/Rashad,-the Reem-Shogun-Machida-Fedor-Condit-Penn-GSP/Trollduum/Ronda/Chael/Hunt/Palhares/Cormier/Aldo/
Kwic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:15 AM   #2
Lost

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Kicks as well.

Old 07-28-2014, 03:18 AM   #3
LongSlenderBody***
Banned

You can lose if you get hit. Why would you not care about getting hit?

LongSlenderBody*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 04:45 AM   #4
RhoneKill

Blue Belt

I actually was a bouncer with AJ during his 1st 170 run in the UFC. Really cool dude. there are 2 things I want to point out about what the TS said.

1. Evans being a former champ has a lot more to lose. Its like every fight is a title implecation fight causing him to fight safer. Bisping, GSP, Rampage all fall under this curse. Being well known and good seems harmful to their careers in terms of OUR entertainment. They have to worry about sponsors, ranks, etc with.without the title. Its like you have to be the champ or cap off at the Mike Brown level.

2. Evan just had a bad night with Lil Nog.

RhoneKill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:46 AM   #5
TStoner

Green Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoneKill View Post
I actually was a bouncer with AJ during his 1st 170 run in the UFC. Really cool dude. there are 2 things I want to point out about what the TS said.

1. Evans being a former champ has a lot more to lose. Its like every fight is a title implecation fight causing him to fight safer. Bisping, GSP, Rampage all fall under this curse. Being well known and good seems harmful to their careers in terms of OUR entertainment. They have to worry about sponsors, ranks, etc with.without the title. Its like you have to be the champ or cap off at the Mike Brown level.

This. I can see them making something like rumble vs glover, with rumble playing it much safer.

TStoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:51 AM   #6
Mrgoodtrips

White Belt

Evans is definitely gun shy. He's never really been that aggressive to begin with. I've always found him boring but now I think he should retire there is absolutely no excuse for a performance like the lil nog fight. Dude just doesn't want it anymore. Whatever heart he had is gone.
Rumble on the other hand has really found his stride. Props to him for turning things around.

Mrgoodtrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:52 AM   #7
Kwic

Brown Belt

vCash: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongSlenderBody View Post
You can lose if you get hit. Why would you not care about getting hit?
True true, of course I wrote this as a hyperbole, overstatement, but I hope you get my point. Nobody likes to get hit I bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoneKill View Post

Good points. ANd yes I agree with the second entirely. Rashad should beat Little Nog more often than not for sure.

- pre Ko'ed Anderson would be first though ;)

Favs: A. Silva/Rashad,-the Reem-Shogun-Machida-Fedor-Condit-Penn-GSP/Trollduum/Ronda/Chael/Hunt/Palhares/Cormier/Aldo/
Kwic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:56 AM   #8
heavyarms21
Ryozanpaku Belt

vCash: 777
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCxHC View Post
This. I can see them making something like rumble vs glover, with rumble playing it much safer.
I don't know he wen't toe to toe with Andrei don't see why he would play it safe against Glover, he fights aggressively its his nature don't see that changing.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:06 AM   #9
LuciferLouHoltz
Banned

vCash: 100
The difference between them is that Rumble is a better striker and is a lot bigger/stronger

LuciferLouHoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:10 AM   #10
Farbeyondthesun

Purple Belt

There's a reason why Rashad doesn't like to get hit, and it's found in his mandible.

Farbeyondthesun is offline   Reply With Quote