Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:02 PM   #51
Durruti

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosoultosell View Post
Fitch, Volkmann, Shields cause viewers to turn the channel.

Guys like Leben attract viewers.
I think everyone here got that already. We all know most UFC consumers are just "casual" fans. We are talking about how stupid/ignorants must be those "viewers".

Its like "fans" that prefer to see De Andre Jordan than Pau Gasol, Monfils than Federer, Neymar than Iniesta, Margarito than Rigondeaux....you get it no? or you will talk about PPVs one more time.
MMA has the most ignorant fans in the world.

Durruti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:03 PM   #52
boss429
BowtieA$$a$$in

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by o'dubhlaoich View Post
Also the most boring Boxing fight>The most borning mma fight IMHO. Whats more boring, Mayweather's style or a Shields blanket LnP fight.
Agreed, UFC has yet to match the electricity of a big fight in Boxing, the production and atmosphere of a Mayweather or Pac fight or RJJ and Tyson back in the day or even De La Hoya and Sweetpea is something I have yet to experience in the UFC.

boss429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:18 PM   #53
Durruti

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss429 View Post
Agreed, UFC has yet to match the electricity of a big fight in Boxing, the production and atmosphere of a Mayweather or Pac fight or RJJ and Tyson back in the day or even De La Hoya and Sweetpea is something I have yet to experience in the UFC.
C'mon men, are you really saying "the most boring boxing fight" = Mayweather fight?? comparing it with blanket Shields??? wow
The most boring boxing fight are those between heavyweights like Chisora, Valuev, etc...you know what Im talking about if you actually watch boxing.

Shields/Fitch/Okami fight >>>> Chisora/Valuev/Vitaly Klitschko fight

Durruti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:29 PM   #54
boss429
BowtieA$$a$$in

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durruti View Post
C'mon men, are you really saying "the most boring boxing fight" = Mayweather fight?? comparing it with blanket Shields??? wow
The most boring boxing fight are those between heavyweights like Chisora, Valuev, etc...you know what Im talking about if you actually watch boxing.

Shields/Fitch/Okami fight >>>> Chisora/Valuev/Vitaly Klitschko fight
I agree, didn't really agree with the most boring boxing fight thing just wanted to make the point about the atmosphere and used that post as the catalyst, I love watching Mayweather fight and don't find him the least bit boring but yeah I barely watch Heavyweights anymore, I love watching Rigondeaux fight too, there is nothing boring about technical brilliance.

I like Fitch and Shields as well, not to fond of Okami though.

boss429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:07 PM   #55
IIIIIIII

Gold Belt

dana white was right that werdum started to coast at the end of the fight. werdum fought an awesome fight, but i didn't like that. i know why he did it, but you should always fight to finish.

point-nerds: fans of mma who enjoy fighters that attempt to win fights on points-alone, that do not fight for a finish.
IIIIIIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:25 PM   #56
moreorless87

Silver Belt

The real problem the UFC have for me is that they have actually put a lot of effort into allowing the guys they want to promote to "win boring". We have rules and judging criteria that favour the LnP wrestler and I'd argue booking that often has as well but guys like Phil Davis simply don't interest the fans dispite being American.

As far as whats more entertaining to watch for me big boxing/kickboxing matches are more dependable than MMA. You know in this matches that your going to see high level skill exchanged even if you don't see much action. In MMA theres always the possibility that tactics, style matchups and the affore mentioned judging are going to mean you see guys exchanging techniques there not greatly skilled in or stalling.

To balance that though I think a really top draw MMA fight is the best combat sport action their is with potentially lots of variety and "could end at any moment" tension.

moreorless87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:03 PM   #57
O H
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigj383 View Post
Look at my join date, now look at your join date.... now you shut your mouth and don't think you can tell me what I do when it comes to MMA.
one of the most genuinely sad things ive seen on any message board.

O H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:04 PM   #58
TheRassler
---- L E G E N D A R Y --------- p4p GOAT poster

promoting an extremely boring style is damn near impossible,

unless you have an entire home country of delusional fans behind that certain fighter/champion.

or unless you're a chael sonnen and have his ability to sell a fight.

3. Lay "The Carpet" Guida
4. King "Sized Blanket" Mo
5. Ryan "Maybe Later" Bader
TheRassler is offline   Reply With Quote