Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #31
RJ43

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit_Brawler View Post
The only reason i ask this is because i distinctly remember watching videos of him deliberately letting people tee off on him in sparring, such as Ryan Bader and a couple of others if i recall.
If this is deliberate, what would be his reasoning for this?
Gives the opponent a false sense of achievement and incentive to continue standing, which is what he wants.

Anderson's style relies almost completely on speed and reflexes. If those have degraded in any capacity he's going to continue to be hit and likely KO'd quite a bit.

RJ43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #32
KillingJoke

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roop Holstry View Post
Guess I will have to post this for you although someone already did earlier in the thread

Wait...at a closer look it seems that Anderson fell on purpose to allow Chael to get on top so he could then triangle choke him. That must be it.
Not to mention when chael hit him with a straight left I think, stumbled Anderson and if not for putting his hand down...he would of been dropped again.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #33
Bulsebub**
Banned

He have not fought hard hitters, hendo and belfort but he did not toy with them that much. Then we got bonner and chael with ko power of 10/100

Bulsebub** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:42 PM   #34
JKS

Titanium Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit_Brawler View Post
Another Silva thread here unfortunately.
This more of observation i made which i'm sure many others also have also.really just want to get other peoples opinions?
Ever since the first Chael Sonnen fight it has become evident for whatever reason that Anderson has been getting hit a lot more in the standup,
Not so much in the Belfort and Okami fights but in some of the others ie Bonnar, Chael x 2 obviously weidman.
Is this obvious signs of the decline in the skills of Anderson Silva do you think? or is this some kind of new approach he is working on?
The only reason i ask this is because i distinctly remember watching videos of him deliberately letting people tee off on him in sparring, such as Ryan Bader and a couple of others if i recall.
If this is deliberate, what would be his reasoning for this?

i am not saying for one second that he allowed weidman to KO him at all, that was a legit KO, but at other points in the fight weidman was tagging him and he seemed to put up little by way of defense.
Chael cracked him a few times easily also.
what are you serious??

Wand
Shogun
Nog(s)
Anderson
Dos Santos
Sergei
Vitor
Barnett
Aldo
Jacare
Erick Silva