Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-01-2014, 10:49 AM   #151
king of theRing

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
sue there ass

king of theRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:51 AM   #152
Street Level

Brown Belt

vCash: 1072
They f-ing hate you in Brazil probably lol.

Always supporting:
#18 Kyle Busch

-The Culinary Union in Las Vegas should sponsor fighters. EVERY fighter. Just not any in the UFC...
Street Level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:07 AM   #153
wageslave

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Spawn View Post
so TS, i have to ask, did you do a follow up reaction video of silva´s leg injury?
Yes I did http://youtu.be/yKh-0vRt_BI

I didn't record the slo-mo replay which is where everyone in the room realized what happened, apparently it was a much better reaction. I was just so upset that one of my favorite fighters had been beaten by the same guy twice, I just wanted to shut the camera off and drink heavily. I had the same feelings when he beat rich the second time but I hadn't been watching the sport long enough to get as emotionally involved with rich as I did andy.

wageslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:12 AM   #154
Bigj383

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck0 View Post
No way this promo video is falls under U.S. Fair Use laws. Promos still need written permission to include reaction videos, which it is, just a compilation of reactions (with a bit of mixed in promo material).

They have to have explicit written permission to use footage that is not their own, from the copyright holder, or the owner/creator of the video.

I would not bother suing UFC for this promo video because it doesn't really have mega views, and probably didn't generate much after Youtube has taken their cut of the ad revenue (which is 45%).

Glad you got in touch with their legal, because you can get at least something out of it. If they don't respond with anything, I would claim the video (the part that includes your footage), and then Youtube will issue a Content ID claim on it, which would transfer all revenue generated from the video to you, while the video would still remain public (viewable to all).

A copyright takedown would be a perfect riposte for how stringent the UFC is about their own takedowns, but they really wouldn't learn a lesson and it wouldn't change or soften their stance on removing their UFC footage from Youtube. It sucks because there are some very great video creators out there, like 'looknotawhale', if you guys remember that AWESOME Mike Tyson Punch-Out creation of the Anderson Silva vs. Weidman fight, complete with Usher singing away Silva's dizzy stars. It got taken down because of the UFC
Anything you post on youtube gives copyright to youtube. Anybody can use the footage with the permission of youtube.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:48 PM   #155
j98

Green Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wageslave View Post
I don't mind, just going to favorite it on youtube and it will be nice to look back on. I'm surprised no one has made fun of us yet. I had to change the comments on youtube to be reviewed because people were saying such hateful things.
Love how the UFC can just take other peoples videos and use them to make money to sell their event but if someone takes a small UFC clip and makes NO money from it they have your channel taken down

j98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:57 PM   #156
Francis Rossi
Here's a song for ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by j98 View Post
Love how the UFC can just take other peoples videos and use them to make money to sell their event but if someone takes a small UFC clip and makes NO money from it they have your channel taken down
It wasn't the UFC. They contracted the job out. The contractors were the ones that just ripped stuff off Youtube instead of doing some actual work.

XBL: francisrossi
PSN: mistersting
Steam: johnafirth

How is babby formed?
Francis Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:59 PM   #157
j98

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Rossi View Post
It wasn't the UFC. They contracted the job out. The contractors were the ones that just ripped stuff off Youtube instead of doing some actual work.
Ok so next time I want to make a HL video ill "hire" someone to get me the footage. that way it will be legal right....nah UFC will still nuke your account. They are hypocrites

j98 is offline   Reply With Quote